The zucchini season gives us all an insanely cool recipe - a great zucchini cake with mushrooms. Such a simple and at the same time original solution, how to cook a delicious cake in a short time, surprised me and made me try to cook it in my kitchen. I will say this, I was pleased with the taste with the first bite. The delicate taste of the mushroom filling is so well complemented by fresh tomatoes and cheese that I consider it almost ideal. I advise you to cook it with all your heart: feel a very summer, very zucchini and very tasty cake. Take out pens and notebooks: write down the recipe as soon as possible.
- two medium squash (I have a variety of zucchini);
- two medium carrots;
- onions - 1 piece;
- champignons - 0.3 kilograms;
- natural yogurt (can be replaced with sour cream 15% fat) - 250 grams;
- finely ground oatmeal - 4-5 tablespoons;
- chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- hard cheese - 0.2 kilograms;
- fresh tomatoes - 2-4 pieces;
- garlic - 3-5 cloves;
- parsley greens;
- vegetable oil for frying (I have olive, but you can any other);
- spices: salt, pepper - to your taste.
Great squash cake with mushrooms. Step by step recipe
- My zucchini and wipe with a paper towel. If you use zucchini, there is no need to peel them. They already have a thin skin. We just rub them on a coarse grater. But if you have regular zucchini, then peel them and also rub on a coarse grater.
- Then wash and peel the carrots. We also rub on a coarse grater and add to the zucchini. Salt to taste and mix well. We transfer everything to a colander and set aside so that the juice flows.
- In the meantime, proceed to the bow. We clean it and cut it as finely as possible.
- In a deep pan, pour a small amount of vegetable oil (I have olive oil), or any that you have and is suitable for frying (refined). Heat it over medium heat and transfer the onion. We fry over medium heat, not forgetting to stir occasionally, so as not to burn.
- In parallel, we proceed to the champignons. We wash them, thoroughly clean from the remnants of dirt. We recline in a colander or just let it drain water. First we cut them in half, then in half rings and again in half. You can do everything at your discretion, arbitrarily: most importantly, keep the small size of the pieces.
- When the onion becomes transparent, we send chopped champignons to it. Mix everything with a spatula. Now is the time to salt and pepper. Do not close the lid, fry without it on low heat.
- While the mushrooms are fried, we proceed to the garlic. We clean and use 3-5 cloves. It all depends on your taste: if you want to be sharper, take more, or vice versa.
- Next, using a knife, chop the garlic very finely. And then, when the mushrooms are ready, add the garlic to them in the pan. Mix everything with a spatula and simmer for about another minute.
- Once again, we return to the zucchini with carrots. It is necessary to squeeze them out a little more, since we do not need excess moisture at all.
- Then transfer the squash with carrots into a separate deep bowl and add two chicken eggs. Mix everything well.
- Add to the resulting mass oatmeal finely ground. She will replace flour with us. Your mass should not be very thick and not too thin. You may need more or less oatmeal. Add it a little and mix thoroughly. Determine the consistency by eye: so that the cakes that we will fry you get moderately dense, and also turn over quite easily and not stick to the pan.
- We take a pan on which we will fry the cakes. Lubricate it with a small amount of vegetable oil (I use olive). We put a couple of tablespoons of mass on a heated pan and immediately straighten it on all sides so that the thickness of the cake is about 3-4 millimeters. We cover the pan with a lid and fry for about 4 minutes on a small fire.
- Lift a little cake with a spatula on one side and see if it is browned. If so, then you need to turn it over. To do this, cover the pan with a lid and turn it upside down so that the cake is on the lid. After that, carefully remove it from the lid immediately in the pan, on the other side. (How to do this, you can look at the video under the recipe).
- Fry the second side until cooked, also about 4 minutes. So we do with the whole mass. We fry as many cakes as you can. After all, everything also depends on the diameter of your pan.
- While the cake is fried, let’s take care of the greens. Wash parsley, wipe with a napkin from excess water and cut it as small as possible. Then add to the cooled mushrooms. Pour yogurt or sour cream there. Mix. This will be our filling for shortcakes.
- Also, the filling will be more tomatoes. We wash them and cut them into thin rings. Put in a plate and set aside.
- Hard cheese that will be in the filling, rub on a coarse grater and leave on a plate.
- Now that all the cakes are fried and the whole filling is ready, you can start assembling the zucchini cake with mushrooms. Put the bottom cake on a flat dish. Lubricate it with mushroom filling, sprinkle with cheese and spread the slices of tomatoes. Slightly salt on top. Then again put the cake. And so on. I got four cakes.
- We also grease the top cake with the filling and sprinkle with grated cheese. Tomato slices do not spread.
- From a half of a tomato we make a rose. To do this, cut it into very thin slices: approximately one millimeter thick. Then we stretch along and twist in the form of a rose. Gently transfer to the cake.
- Let the cake stand for a while, soak. After serving to the table.
It turns out an incredibly tender cake, with a very tasty and piquant filling of mushrooms, with tomatoes and cheese. This cake will be a wonderful decoration on your table. Such a dish at your place is a win-win solution for any holiday in the season of such a wonderful vegetable as zucchini. On our site “Very tasty” you can find for yourself more than one dish of zucchini, which is quite simple and quick to prepare. Cook according to our recipes: and let you succeed. Enjoy your meal!