In the zucchini season, I want to share a recipe for great squash caviar. Cooking this dish will not take you much time, the set of products is very simple, and the ready-made home squash caviar will not leave anyone indifferent, both adults and children will be happy to eat it. This is a very original and awesome tasty snack, it is very tender, mouth-watering and fragrant. You won’t be able to find such goodies in the store, but it’s easy and simple to cook at home without unnecessary difficulties. Be sure to take a note of your recipe, and be sure - this dish will pleasantly surprise you and your family with your taste.
- 1 zucchini (900 grams);
- 1 large carrot;
- 1-2 pieces of onion;
- 1-2 pieces of tomato;
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup;
- salt to taste;
- sugar to taste;
- citric acid (powder) on the tip of a teaspoon;
- 4-5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
Great squash caviar. Step by step recipe
- For the preparation of squash caviar, it is best to use a pan with a thick bottom and non-stick coating. Also, it must be roomy so that the ingredients fit completely and stew well.
- First, prepare a carrot: it must be washed, peeled and cut into cubes or grated on a coarse grater.
- In a pan where caviar will be cooked, add vegetable oil, put on fire, send chopped carrots to it. Fry carrots over low heat.
- Next, prepare the zucchini: it must be washed, if desired, cut the skin and cut into cubes. First, I cut the zucchini into circles, then the circles into cubes, and I already cut them into cubes.
- If the zucchini is not very young, you need to not only cut the skin, but also remove the seeds.
- Add chopped zucchini to carrots in a pan. Stir the ingredients and simmer over low heat.
- Then peel the onion from the husk, wash it and cut into cubes. Add chopped onions to the pan to the carrots and zucchini, mix and continue to simmer over low heat.
- Prepare the tomato: it must be washed and cut into cubes. Put the chopped tomato in a saucepan, mix and simmer over low heat for about twenty minutes - all vegetables must be soft.
- If you have frozen tomatoes, then you can add them to tomatoes if you wish.
- You can also add bell peppers.
- You can use your favorite spices, for example, garlic, oregano, parsley, black pepper, basil, dill or a mixture of five peppers (ground black pepper, ground white pepper, green ground pepper, allspice, ground pink pepper). Add one type of spice or create a mix of flavors from several.
- When the vegetables are soft, add salt, sugar, ketchup and citric acid, mix everything thoroughly. You must try and add the missing ingredients if necessary.
- In order to make squash caviar, it is necessary to beat the cooked vegetable mass in a blender until smooth.
- Pour the broken homogeneous mass into a saucepan and boil for about five minutes, stirring constantly.
- Also, squash caviar can be baked in the sleeve. To do this, you need to put fresh vegetables in a baking sleeve, tie it on both sides, and use a needle (or hairpin) to make holes.
- Then put a sleeve of vegetables on a baking sheet and send in an oven preheated to 180 degrees and bake until cooked. I bake for at least an hour - it all depends on the oven and the thickness of the chopped vegetables.
- When the vegetables are baked, you need to get them out of the oven, let them cool slightly, cut the sleeve, drain the excess liquid and transfer the vegetable mass to a convenient dish.
- Next, the vegetables must be killed with a blender.
- I put ready zucchini caviar in jars, cover with lids and store in the refrigerator (but do not store it for a long time). You store caviar at your convenience.
Gorgeous squash caviar is ready, it can be eaten both hot and cold, it is still very tasty. Before serving, you can decorate with freshly chopped greens. This dish goes well with main dishes, meat, and it is also wonderful as a separate dish for a daily or festive menu. My family loves to spread caviar on bread - it's just a jumble. I often cook squash caviar, this is the perfect dish for the summer season. On the site "Very Delicious" you can find many more interesting and original recipes for making zucchini. Bon appetit - and cook with pleasure.