An amazingly delicious side dish of green green beans in Turkish will win over everyone! I was shocked with delight when I tried this dish: everything is so harmonious and tasty that there is no strength to resist the supplement. With each new dish, I fall more and more in love with Turkish cuisine, and I just can’t share my admiration with you. As it turned out, this is a very simple recipe for cooking, which even a beginner in cooking will easily cope with. In addition, green beans are very healthy, and the dish is original. Therefore, I recommend at least once trying this amazing side dish. A step-by-step recipe for “I love to cook” will help you easily prepare it.
- green beans - 1 kilogram;
- large onions - 1 piece (200 grams);
- tomatoes - 2 pieces (300-350 grams);
- garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- sugar - 0.5 teaspoon;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 50-70 grams;
- olive oil - 1-2 tablespoons.
Delicious green beans on the side dish. Step by step recipe
- We wash the green beans, dry them slightly, remove the spouts and edges. If you do not have young pods, then streaks are formed along their sides, which also need to be removed. This is easy to do with a peeler: just walk it on the sides of the pods.
- Cut the peeled pods into slices 2-3 cm long. For this dish, you can also use frozen beans (thaw, let the liquid drain and cut into the required size). And the green beans can be replaced with asparagus.
- We chop the onion into small cubes and fry in the warmed vegetable oil in a pan.
- When the onion is fried to a light golden color, add the pieces of bean to it. Continue to fry over high heat under a closed lid, 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- We also cut the tomatoes into small cubes. To prepare this dish, 1 tomato can be replaced with a tablespoon (incomplete) of tomato paste. But I like it better if only tomatoes are used.
- Pass the garlic through a press or with a finely chopped knife.
- When the green beans are slightly fried and slightly changes color (turns bright green), we turn off the heat and add the tomatoes and garlic without stirring (the tomatoes will release their juice, in which the beans will languish). Cover and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes. Then you can mix everything. Please note, if the tomatoes have let out a little juice, then add 30-50 milliliters of water.
- Cover and continue to simmer for 15-20 minutes. After adding salt, sugar, pepper, mix everything and simmer for about 7-10 minutes.
- Ready Turkish side dish of green green beans is poured with olive oil for taste - and you can serve it on the table.
The beans turned out to be soft, aromatic and very tasty. Such a side dish will conquer even the most sophisticated taster. It will be very tasty to combine with any meat or serve it as a separate dish. And I discovered for myself: when serving, sprinkle with cubes of feta or feta cheese - it's just a jumble! Cook together with “I love to cook” very tasty, healthy, simple and quick to prepare dishes. And be healthy! Enjoy your meal!