Have you ever eaten Turkish gozleme cakes? Until recently, I didn’t even hear such a name. It turns out that gözleme with cheese and spinach is a pretty easy-to-cook recipe for Turkish cuisine, based on thinly rolled yeast dough. Options for filling for gözleme can be varied. It all depends on your imagination and taste preferences.
- 400 milliliters of warm water;
- 650-700 grams of flour;
- 1 pack of natural or (as an option) dry yeast;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- 500 grams of spinach;
- salted cheese 250 grams;
- 1 onion;
- 40 milliliters of olive or sunflower oil;
- salt, pepper to taste;
- 50 milliliters of butter to lubricate the cakes.
Gozleme with spinach and cheese. Step by step recipe
- Knead the dough for gözleme first. Pour warm water into a bowl, add yeast, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Gradually start adding the sifted flour, mixing well each time.
- The dough should be smooth, soft and not stick to your hands. Add a little flour if necessary.
- Cover the finished dough with a napkin and leave to rise for 30 minutes (no longer necessary).
- For the filling, finely chopped onion, fry in olive (you can use sunflower oil).
- Chop the washed spinach coarsely, send to the onion and fry for another 5 minutes. Salt, pepper.
- Transfer the finished mixture to a bowl and cool.
- Grind the cheese and add to the spinach, mix.
- Divide the dough into equal parts (I got 16).
- Roll out very thin flat cakes from each workpiece.
- Put the filling on one half of the tortilla (like with chebureks), close the second half and pinch the edges.
- Fry in a well-heated (but not overheated) dry pan for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
It remains only to grease our gözleme cakes with cheese and spinach with butter and serve. The video from the youtub channel helped me prepare the cakes. If you want to always please your home with national dishes (and not only) - welcome to the site "I like to cook"! And be sure to try 3 delicious spinach dishes and a spinach and cheese pie.