Greek Dzadziki sauce is cooked very quickly, and it turns out to be tender, juicy and incredibly fragrant. A universal sauce can be served with meat and fish dishes, potato side dishes - and just as an independent snack. “Zadziki” is not only the famous Greek sauce that will be served at any restaurant in the world, but also a light cold snack: after all, the composition includes fresh cucumbers. I just eat this sauce with spoons, or spread it on bread - it is very tasty.
- 150 grams of natural (without fillers) yogurt;
- 200 grams of fresh cucumbers;
- two cloves of garlic;
- one tablespoon of olive (or sunflower oil);
- 0.3 teaspoon of salt.
Greek sauce "Zaziki". Step by step recipe
- Fresh cucumber is well washed, peeled and rubbed on a fine grater.
- Squeeze out all the juice from the cucumber mass, transfer to a small bowl.
- Add natural yogurt (according to the recipe). If necessary, yogurt can be replaced with low-fat sour cream.
- Pass one or two cloves of garlic (to taste) through a press or chop on a fine grater, add to the cucumber mass.
- Salt to taste (I put a third of a teaspoon), mix thoroughly.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil (can be replaced with refined sunflower oil), mix again.
- Ready sauce can be served immediately, or you can give time to brew: then it will become thicker, more aromatic and even tastier.
I offer natural yogurt for this Greek sauce to cook on my own, at home.
- Pour one liter of milk with a fat content of at least 2.5% into the pan. We put on fire and bring the milk to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Turn off.
- Cool the milk to a temperature of 40-45 degrees (you have to use a water thermometer).
- Cooking the leaven. From the total mass, pour a little milk into the dishes, add 100 grams of purchased natural yogurt (this is about 3-4 tablespoons). Mix thoroughly with a spoon.
- Attention. The shelf life of the desired yogurt should be no more than 14 days.
- Wash the thermos in advance and douse it with hot water.
- Pour half the milk of the desired temperature into a thermos, then we send the sourdough there, add the remaining milk.
- We close the thermos with a lid and leave it for 5-8 hours at room temperature. You don’t need to hold for a long time, otherwise the yogurt will turn sour.
- Pour the finished yogurt into a glass jar, mix with a spoon and send for 2 hours in the refrigerator to stop the growth of lactic acid bacteria. Store in the refrigerator for no more than three days. You can use it for cooking various dishes, as well as add fillers - and get delicious sweet yogurt.
Significantly enrich the taste of Greek sauce chopped dill or parsley, chopped olives, fresh mint. Before serving, the Dzadziki sauce should be infused for several hours in the refrigerator, after which it should be served in a bowl or gravy boat. The prepared sauce can be served with meat and fish dishes, potato side dishes - and just as an independent snack. See even more recipes of original sauces on my channel and on the site “Very tasty”.