Salad of green tomatoes, carrots and onions for the winter You can prepare many original dishes, including canned food. I suggest you cook a delicious salad of green tomatoes with carrots and onions in a fragrant marinade. Such an autumn salad will be a good appetizer and an excellent vegetable side dish for the main dishes. Thanks to spices and seasonings, green tomatoes are saturated with their aromas and taste and become very mouth-watering. The homemade recipe is very simple, so it’s not at all difficult for you to cook this delicious and tender salad of green tomatoes, carrots and onions for the winter without sterilization.
Ingredients for preparing green tomato salad for the winter
|Green tomatoes||2 kg|
|Parsley root||150 g|
|Black pepper peas||1 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp|
|Bay leaf||4 things|
|Dill umbrella||4 things|
|Salt||2 tbsp. l|
|Vegetable oil||200 g|
|Vinegar 9%||100 g|
Step-by-step preparation of salad of green tomatoes, carrots and onions for the winter
- Wash green tomatoes well, remove ponytails.
- Cut the tomatoes into thin slices.
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut into half rings.
- Parsley root, peel and cut into circles.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into thin circles.
- Combine all the vegetables, sprinkle with salt and leave for several hours to let the juice flow. Stir vegetables periodically. During this time, you can wash the jars and sterilize them together with the lids.
- In a large cauldron, pan or pan, combine all the ingredients for the marinade - sugar, vegetable oil, vinegar. Put on fire, bring to a boil.
- Add chopped vegetables to the boiling marinade, as well as black and allspice.
- If there is very little juice from the vegetables and the marinade is not enough, add a little water. Simmer the salad after boiling for about 15-20 minutes. Green tomatoes should become lighter and softer.
- At the very end, add finely chopped greens.
- In sterilized jars, add a dill leaf and an umbrella of dill to the bottom. Pour hot salad and roll.
- Turn the jars over and wrap them up for 6 hours, after which they can be removed for storage. You can get about 2.5 liters of salad.
Green tomato salad is served with meat dishes or side dishes of potatoes or rice. Enjoy your meal!