A healthy Beijing cabbage salad will surely find its fans at your table. Peking cabbage is remarkable in that it is perfectly combined with many products and, thanks to this, every time we can get a new taste sensation from a salad of Peking cabbage. This is the version of the salad when you want to put on the table something tasty and unusual, but there is neither the strength nor the time for culinary masterpieces. The stunning combination of cabbage with vegetables gives the salad an excellent combination of flavors. Light, delicate, seductively appetizing salad is very easy to prepare, and it is simply impossible to spoil it.
A simple and healthy fresh cabbage salad is indispensable for the daily diet of those who monitor their health. Moreover, in spring vitamins are needed more than usual, and cabbage, as you know, can be found in any store.
- Chinese cabbage;
- one medium-sized carrot;
- ground black pepper to taste;
- balsamic vinegar (or lemon juice can be);
- vegetable oil;
- a pinch of salt and sugar.
A healthy salad of Beijing cabbage. Step by step recipe
I did not indicate the exact amount of ingredients: it all depends on the portion that you want to cook. If you like some ingredient more, then you can add it to the salad in larger quantities - this will not lose the taste of the dish.
- Separate my Beijing cabbage, divide into leaves and cut not very large (thin straws). Since the cabbage is very juicy and tender, the leaves are easily separated.
- The key benefit of Beijing cabbage lies in its very juicy leaves. Among other things, Beijing cabbage, due to its meager calorie content, is an excellent product for fasting days and dieting. For young children, such a salad with fresh vegetables is a real storehouse of vitamins.
- We clean one medium-sized carrot, wash it and rub it on a medium grater.
- Carrots are one of the few foods that contains the largest amount of carotene. The benefits of carrots are undeniable: it is used in a variety of forms and helps fight various ailments. Very useful for the body is carrot juice.
- But I prefer to add a tomato instead of carrots in a salad (then the salad is the same as in the photo): juicy, red, well ripe.
- That's just when I make a salad with a tomato, I need to eat it right away: because when such a salad stands, the tomato will let the juice in and the taste of the salad changes immediately (and not for the better).
- Pass the garlic through a press (or can be finely chopped with a knife). I don’t like when there is a lot of garlic in such a salad, so I add it very little - only for the richness of taste and spicy aroma.
- We clean one fresh onion, wash it and cut it into thin strips (I like it when the onion for the salad is cut into strips, and you can cut it as you like).
- When working with onions, in order not to shed tears, you need to moisten the knife in very cold water - or cool the onion in the freezer.
- Then we take a small container (salad bowl) and move chopped cabbage, onions, grated carrots into it.
- Then add the black pepper to the vegetables to taste.
- Ready salad of Chinese cabbage sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar.
- If you do not have balsamic vinegar, then you can easily replace it with lemon juice.
- Then add a pinch of salt and sugar to the vegetable salad.
- A lot of salt and sugar should also not be added: the salad should not be very salty, but fresh it will also be tasteless.
- And finally, we season the salad with vegetable oil. Mix well.
- At will, a salad of Beijing cabbage can be sprinkled with sesame seeds and garnished with a sprig of fresh herbs before serving.
- As you have already seen, a salad prepared according to this recipe is not only tasty, but also healthy.
My husband really likes it when I serve a salad with homemade soy sauce. I mix vegetable oil, soy sauce, mustard, sugar and pepper. Before serving, water the cabbage a little with this sauce. But this, as they say in taste and color - there is no comrade. Therefore, I prepare such a sauce and serve it to the table separately from the salad (in the sauceboat). On “I Love Cooking” you will find many more recipes for tasty and healthy food. It is very good when the dish that you cook is not only satisfying, but also useful to feed you.