Salad with herring vaguely reminds everyone of the well-known herring recipe under a fur coat, but it is much tastier. Yes, and it looks original: the herring at the top of the "fur coat". The taste of the salad only benefits from this, and the mushrooms add their own flavor. Most of us love salted herring, so I suggest adding this recipe to your cookbook: it's nice to have a variety of dishes from this fish in stock.
- one beetroot;
- one carrot;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- one carcass of salted herring;
- 150 grams of pickled mushrooms;
Salad with herring: tastier than a “fur coat”. Step by step recipe
- Boil carrots with beets from the evening until tender. Remember to wash the vegetables well before cooking. We drain the water and leave to cool until the morning - this option is less time consuming. Or you can cook the vegetables just before making the salad, and give them time to cool.
- Peel the boiled carrots and rub on a coarse grater.
- Since we will have a layered salad, we arrange all the prepared products on different plates.
- On a coarse grater, we also rub the boiled beets peeled off from the skin.
- Cook eggs in advance in salt water for 10 minutes (to get hard-boiled), then fill with cold water and cool. We clear the cooled eggs from the shell, rub on a coarse grater.
- We discard the pickled mushrooms in a colander so that the excess juice is stacked. If necessary, cut into thin slices.
- Cut the fillet of one salted herring into slices (how to cut herring into fillets, you can watch on my channel).
- Mix beets, carrots, eggs with mayonnaise (each product in its own container).
- We collect salad on a beautiful flat plate.
- The first layer spread half the beets, mixed with mayonnaise.
- We put pickled mushrooms on it.
- The third layer spread carrots mixed with mayonnaise.
- The next layer is all the grated eggs.
- We put the remains of beets on the eggs.
- The last layer is slices of herring. For decoration, you can use dill branches.
Salted herring goes well with so many products: therefore, there are many salad recipes with it. You can see the recipes for salads with herring on the site "Very tasty."