They are always welcome at any feast. I would like to share with you the secrets of making stuffed cabbage from famous culinary masters, perhaps some of them will allow you to achieve real perfection and your stuffed cabbage will always be the most delicious in the world.
- white cabbage - 1 average head of cabbage;
- rice - 1 cup;
- minced meat - 700 grams;
- onion - 2 pieces;
- carrot - 2 pieces;
- sour cream - 3 tablespoons;
- tomato sauce - 3 tablespoons;
- vegetable oil for frying;
- melted butter - 1 tablespoon;
- salt / pepper to taste.
Homemade cabbage rolls. Step by step recipe
- First of all, it is necessary to separate the leaves from the cabbage, incising near the stump. Cut the hard part, it may not boil and cabbage rolls will be stiff.
- Boil water, add a little salt and boil the leaves in water - 3-4 sheets in 1-2 minutes. While the leaves are cooling, prepare the minced meat and fry.
- Boil a glass of rice until tender, mix it with minced meat, add salt and pepper to taste. For flavor, you can add nutmeg.
- Grate the carrots, finely chop the onions, fry the onions and carrots in vegetable oil until soft.
- Combine the frying with sour cream and tomato sauce.
- Lay the stuffing of minced meat and rice in the middle of the chilled sheet, wrap it with an envelope.
- Spread cabbage rolls in a large pot or casseroles, shifting each layer by frying. Top with a spoonful of melted butter.
- Fill the cabbage rolls with water (use the same one in which the cabbage leaves were boiled) so that the finger does not reach the top of the cabbage rolls.
- Send stuffed cabbage to a cabinet warmed up to 200 ° С, simmer 50-60 minutes from the moment of boiling water.
Serve stuffed cabbage with frying and sour cream sauce. "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try cabbage rolls in the oven and cabbage rolls with potatoes and mushroom sauce.