Delicious homemade falafel began to be prepared in Ancient Egypt. It is said that in this way the population replaced meat dishes. Today it can be found in the cuisine of the Middle East. The classic way of culinary creation has not changed much. Cooking a chickpea delicacy is a very easy recipe. Today I will tell you how to make the perfect falafel at home.
- 350 grams of chickpea;
- one onion head;
- 5-6 cloves of garlic;
- 2 tablespoons of flour;
- one teaspoon of confectionery baking powder;
- 1 bunch of green cilantro;
- various spices (you can dilute the taste with caraway seeds, coriander, cumin, nutmeg and others);
- vegetable oil.
Homemade Falafel. Step by step recipe
- Pour chickpeas into a container and completely cover it with water. We set it aside for several hours, and best of all - for the whole night.
- After time, we drain the water from the tank.
- Turn on the blender and chop the chickpeas. For this purpose, you can use a meat grinder. If you are using a second kitchen appliance, then twist the mixture twice.
- We also act with onions, garlic and cilantro.
- After we finish grinding the above products, salt them.
- Add spices to the mixture at your discretion. If you want, you can use the ingredients in the recipe for making falafel. Mix the resulting mass.
- Pour the flour into the mass and also mix thoroughly.
- And at the very end we add the culinary baking powder. Mix all the ingredients until a homogeneous consistency is formed.
- Now we need to form falafel from chickpeas. To do this, take the dough and form a spherical cutlet. So that when frying it does not fall apart and does not crack, it should be sculpted with both hands, transferring the meat from one to the other. Thus, falafel will become incredibly smooth and whole.
- Next, the preparation of falafel continues in the pan. We put it on medium heat. It is better to choose a deep container with wide sides for these purposes, as the frying process resembles a deep fryer: by the way, you can also use the apparatus for french fries.
- Pour vegetable oil in such an amount that the falafel is completely immersed in it. When the liquid begins to boil, immerse our balls and bring them to the formation of a golden brown crust.
- When ready, we get the falafel and put it on the dish. Fry all the balls in the same way.
This is what a homemade Falafel recipe looks like. In culinary traditions, it is customary to serve this wonderful dish with a light, fresh salad and tortillas. Believe me, your family will like this combination of taste very much. A delicacy can serve as an appetizer on your table or as a main course. On the culinary site “I love to cook” you will find not only this simple recipe, but also many others that will help you surprise your loved ones with unsurpassed and delicious dishes.