Hutsul sauerkraut from the national cuisine section of Ukraine. I admit honestly I had to try this cabbage once visiting my girlfriend’s parents who live in Transcarpathia. The taste of sauerkraut in Hutsul style is sharp, so contrasting, even a little awakening. And how delicious it was with a baked jacket potato in its uniform ...
- White cabbage - 1 kilogram;
- salt - 25 grams;
- yeast - 2 grams.
Hutsul sauerkraut step by step recipe
- Chop cabbage as well as for sauerkraut.
- Pour boiling water, hold for 5-10 minutes, then strain the water.
- Put chilled cabbage in a glass jar, with a capacity of 2-3 liters, pouring it with salt. Place yeast on top and pour in warm (30-35 ° C) boiled water.
- Put filled cans in a warm place.
- After 2 days, the cabbage will be ready for use. Keep it in a cool place.
Hutsul sauerkraut is an excellent option for sauerkraut with minimal cost, we get a great and very unusual taste.
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!