Imam Bayalahs in Turkish - the name itself is already of interest. And not in vain, because in Turkish it means “The Imam fainted”: he was shocked by the great taste of the eggplant dishes. Want to enjoy such a famous traditional oriental dish at home? Then I propose to learn how to cook Imam Bayalads in Turkish: with me.
- eggplant - 2 pieces;
- onions - 2 pieces;
- tomato (average size) - 2 pieces;
- green pepper - half the pod;
- garlic - 3 to 4 cloves;
- parsley - one bunch;
- sugar - 2 teaspoons;
- olive oil - 2-3 tablespoons;
- salt, black pepper - to your liking.
Imam Bayalah in Turkish. Step by step recipe
- My eggplant and peel. Peel strips should be removed with a knife along the entire eggplant: but at the same time, uncleaned places should be left. That is, our eggplant should resemble a zebra - a black strip, a light strip, etc.
- The tail (peduncle) should not be removed, but only slightly shortened if necessary.
- Then we cut the eggplant in half: along with the stem.
- Pour cold water into a deep bowl, add a pinch of salt and put the eggplant halves in it (so that bitterness comes out). Leave for 15 -20 minutes.
- In the meantime, we will prepare the remaining vegetables.
- Onions cut into half rings.
- Flavored garlic cut into cubes.
- Green pepper is also cut into small cubes.
- From tomatoes, peel and cut into small cubes.
- Tip: to facilitate the peeling process, the tomato should be placed in boiling water for 10 - 15 seconds (or rinsed with boiling water), and then the skin will be easily separated from the pulp of the tomato.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- We cover the baking sheet with foil, turn on the oven for the grill function (about 250 degrees).
- Halve the eggplant from the water with a paper towel and spread on a baking sheet.
- Each piece from all sides greased with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven until the eggplants are soft and rosy.
- Meanwhile, we heat the pan, add a little vegetable oil and put chopped onion and garlic in it.
- When the onion becomes soft, add pepper to it.
- Last add the tomatoes and continue to fry on a low heat until the juice from the tomatoes begins to evaporate.
- Add salt and black pepper to your liking.
- Then add one full teaspoon of sugar and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add finely chopped parsley.
- We take out the finished eggplant from the oven, in each half with a spoon we make indentations for the filling (should resemble boats).
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of the boat.
- We fill each half of the eggplant with a vegetable filling.
- To make the Imam Bayalah eggplants especially juicy, you can sprinkle them a little with olive oil.
- We send to the oven to bake. The temperature of the oven is 180 - 200 degrees. Baking time - 15 - 20 minutes.
- We take out, transfer to a dish and serve. If desired, you can decorate with fresh herbs.
Rather, call your relatives and enjoy the imam of the baiyala with tomatoes and garlic together. It can be consumed hot, as a full-fledged independent dish, and it can also be served cold: as a snack. Both options are very tasty. The team of the site “I Love Cooking” wishes you a pleasant appetite.