An incredible cheese and rabbit pie is a great addition to breakfast, lunch and even dinner. Cheesecake does not need additional side dishes, as its taste is very unusual. This cake is suitable for the New Year's table 2018. I saw the recipe on TV and, having prepared it, I could not help but share it with you. Let’s start preparing this miracle!
- flour - 200 grams;
- butter - 150 grams;
- hard cheese - 150 grams;
- an egg is one thing;
- salt is a pinch.
For the sauce:
- cream 33% - 300 grams;
- Emmental cheese - 150 grams;
- black pepper - a pinch.
- rabbit's thigh - 3-4 pieces;
- carrots (large) - half;
- onion (medium) - 1 piece;
- celery - two stalks;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces;
- salt - a tablespoon;
- black pepper - 4 peas.
- 1.5 large carrots;
- onion - 2 pieces;
- rosemary - half a teaspoon;
- salt - a pinch;
- black pepper (ground) - to taste;
- rabbit broth - 150 grams;
- optionally - 100 grams of white dry wine (evaporate for 1-2 minutes).
Incredible New Year's cake with cheese and rabbit. Step by step recipe
- Let's start with the preparation of the rabbit: for this, boil water in a pan. After the water boils, put the legs of a rabbit there. Here we send one onion (peeled), then half the carrots and celery. Pour one tablespoon of salt, put a couple of bay leaves and four peas of black pepper. Close the lid for 50 minutes and turn on the medium heat.
- Tip. A spoon with salt should not be a slide - it will ruin the taste of your meat.
- While the rabbit is cooking, we will prepare the dough for the pie. Pour 200 grams of flour into a blender bowl. Pour cold butter into cubes. Close the blender lid and begin to whip the mass. Then add the grated cheese. Whip. Salt and drive in an egg, then punch until a lump is obtained.
- Tip: if the dough is dry, then add a tablespoon of ice water to it.
- The resulting dough is laid out on the work surface. Trim with your hands until a ball forms and, wrapping with cling film, put in the refrigerator: for about 45-60 minutes.
- We roll out the rest of the dough into a thin layer between two silicone mats: up to a thickness of 5 millimeters. In the form we spread the dough and make 3-4 cm sides.
- Tip: in order to reduce the number of bubbles in the dough, carefully pierce it with a fork in some places.
- We put crumpled parchment into a mold and cover it with something heavy: for example, rice. Sent to the oven for ten minutes: at a temperature of 180 degrees. We take out the rice and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- While the dough is baking, let's get into the filling. Pour vegetable oil into a heated pan, then 40 grams of butter.
- Spread onion diced in a preheated pan: for three minutes. Following chopped carrots: for 4 minutes.
- Separated from the bones and finely chopped rabbit, pour into the pan. Fry for a minute, stirring. Pour 100 grams of dry white wine if desired (it needs to be evaporated for 1-2 minutes). Add salt and ground black pepper. Pour 150 grams of broth into the pan, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a creamy cheese dressing: pour cream into a stewpan, heat almost to a boil. We send cheese there and put on medium heat. Stirring intensively, bring to a homogeneous state. Pepper to taste.
- We begin to collect cheese pie with meat. We spread the filling to the bottom of the form and fill the entire surface with sauce. If desired, decorate with the remains of shortcrust pastry. Cut the figures with molds and put on top of our sauce. We put in the oven for a couple of minutes in grill mode, to get a crust.
- Tip: before you get the cake with the rabbit out of shape, you need to let it cool.
In conclusion, I want to say that this cheese cake with rabbit goes well with tea or homemade compote. The meat pie is very satisfying and for a long time retains a crisp. Also, the rabbit pie is stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days, while not losing its taste. You can find many other delicious recipes on our site "Very tasty." Bon appetit, friends!