Despite the fact that herring is a rather specific ingredient, it goes well with many products. I want to share a new recipe for an incredible salad with herring. In search of an original snack, I found a recipe for this salad, it is also known as Lithuanian. I liked that the preparation does not take much time, the ingredients are simple, but its taste is simply awesome. The salad is very tasty, all the ingredients are selected perfectly, they complement each other perfectly. At the festive table, this appetizer is leaving me first. My family loves to eat this salad with potatoes, it is incredibly tasty.
- 150 grams of herring fillet;
- 2-3 pieces of onion;
- salt to taste;
- 2 pieces of carrots.
Incredible salad with herring. Step by step recipe
- Prepare the carrots: it must be washed, peeled and grated for Korean carrots.
- Next, peel the onion and cut it into half rings.
- In a frying pan with vegetable oil, fry grated carrots, fry over low heat until golden brown. Carrots need to be salted.
- Also, separately fry the chopped onion until golden brown. It can be fried in a separate pan or fried after carrots. Onion must be salted.
- Tip. Adjust the amount of salt to taste, it all depends on the salinity of the herring.
- Herring fillet must be cut into small cubes.
- Put the fried onions in a salad bowl, also add carrots and herring, mix everything well.
- After the salad you need to allow time to cool.
- If desired, you can add champignons to the salad. Mushrooms need to be washed, peeled, cut into plates and fry. When frying champignons, a liquid appears, it must be removed, and then add the mushrooms to the salad.
- You can use any mushrooms, proceed from your tastes.
Tips for choosing and cutting herring on fillet:
- When buying herring, look at her eyes, they should not be muddy. Gills should be resilient and not fall apart; their color should be dark red.
- Herring is best taken with slightly salted, rather than spicy salting. Since, most likely, under a spicy ambassador, not quite fresh fish are masked.
- Inspect the fish itself, it should not have cuts, holes, spots, its surface should be intact.
- To cut herring, you need to use a cutting board and a sharp knife.
- With one hand we hold the herring by the back, and with the second we make a longitudinal incision in the middle of the abdomen.
- There may be milk or caviar inside the abdomen; if you consume it, it may not be thrown away.
- We take out all the insides from the stomach of the fish and remove all the mucus well with a knife. I use paper towels to remove mucus.
- Then we start the knife under the fish fin all the way and cut off the head.
- After we cut off the tail and all the fins.
- We make a cut on the back with a knife and carefully remove the skin.
- With a knife, we extend the incision on the back, reaching the bone, and after that we carefully get the bone, separating it from the fillet. You should get two filets.
- Check the carcass of herring for seeds and remove them.
An incredible salad with herring is ready, you can serve it to the table. The dish is hearty and original, it can be served with potatoes or just with pieces of brown bread. Be sure to cook this salad at home and delight it with the taste of your near and dear ones. Visit the site “Very Delicious”, find interesting recipes and cook with pleasure.
Photos and videos belong to Svetlana Chernova