I brought this divinely delicious eggplant salad from sunny Italy. It has become just my family’s favorite dish. Salad is easily prepared from available products, it can be served both warm and cold. “Buonissimo!”, As the Italians say.
- eggplant - 700 grams;
- sunflower oil for frying - 100 grams;
- tomatoes - 100-150 grams;
- olives - 40 grams;
- pickled capers (I replace with gherkins) - 15 grams;
- olive oil - a tablespoon;
- basil - 1 bunch;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Eggplant Salad. Step by step recipe
- Wash the eggplant, cut into small cubes, about 3x3 cm, put in a bowl, salt and put under oppression for 1 hour. Instead of oppression, I use a liter jar of water.
- As the eggplant will let the juice, they must be washed and dried on a towel. The bitter juice of this vegetable is not only tasteless, but also very harmful.
- We spread our eggplant in a preheated frying pan with oil and fry over medium heat until golden brown. After it is advisable to lay them again on a paper towel to remove excess fat.
- The turn came also for the tomatoes - we also cut them into small pieces and finely chop the clove of garlic. Put the frying pan on the stove, pour the olive oil and add the garlic to it. As soon as it begins to become transparent, drop the tomatoes and fry, stirring, for another 10 minutes.
- Separate olives from the stone and cut in half.
- Without turning off the pan, add the eggplant, olives, capers or gherkins, basil, salt, pepper and, stirring with a spatula, we will still maintain a couple of minutes on fire.
- We spread it on a plate and pounce with a fork.
The salad turns out to be very tasty, hearty, fragrant - you will lick your fingers! Moreover, it is low-calorie, and if you watch your diet, this is it!
"Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try the eggplant lasagna and the TOP-5 eggplant rolls.