Jam from orange peels "Curls" is a tasty, affordable treat! And how beautiful it is, orange peels in the form of curls will not leave anyone indifferent. They look so attractive that they simply attract you to try them. No one will immediately guess that this is an orange peel jam.
- Oranges - 3 pieces;
- water - 300 milliliters;
- sugar - 300 grams;
- lemon juice - 50 grams.
Step-by-step recipe for orange peel jam "Curls"
- Wash oranges well and pour over boiling water. Cut lengthwise into 4 parts, then each still in half.
- Remove the pulp and cut the peel in half again. You should get pretty thin stripes.
- Put the resulting strips in a bowl and fill with water, let them soak for 3 days. But you need to change the water 2 times a day.
- Then remove the white part from the inside of the peel from each strip. Each strip, twist with a spiral, and string on a thread, like beads.
- Then the resulting spirals need to be blanched 3-4 times for 10-15 minutes, each time pour water, and strip strips of zest with cold water.
- Make a syrup from water and sugar, put the beads there, bring to a boil, add lemon juice, let it simmer for 20-30 minutes. Then turn it off and let the beads cool.
- When the jam cools, remove the beads and remove the threads. Put the coils in the jars and pour in the syrup.
- Keep the jam in the refrigerator.
Yes, orange peel jam is not easy to make, but worth it. Such a masterpiece of orange peel dessert will not leave anyone indifferent.
Delicious to you preparations and bon appetit!