You know why children’s, because when pickling cucumbers, we won’t add vinegar, but rather add a little citric acid. Pickled cucumbers with citric acid are sweet and sour and it is safe to give them to children, and they will definitely like them.
On a 3 liter jar, or 3 jars of 1 liter.
- dill umbrella;
- horseradish leaf;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- black pepper - 2 peas;
- currant leaves - 2 pieces;
- bay leaf - 1 piece.
- Water - 1.5-2 liters;
- salt - 2 tablespoons;
- sugar - 5 tablespoons;
- citric acid - 1.5 teaspoons.
Step-by-step recipe for pickled cucumbers with citric acid
- Soak cucumbers in water for 5 hours, then wash them well.
- Trim the ends of the cucumbers.
- Put greens and cucumbers tightly on the bottom of the cans.
- Boil water, and pour boiling water on the cucumbers in a jar, let it brew for 10 minutes, drain the water into the sink.
- Pour boiling water again, let it stand for 10 minutes, pour this water into a pan, and cook the fill, boil.
- Pour boiling cucumbers over the boiling fill and cover with lids.
- Wrap upside down until completely cooled.
For this recipe, take small cucumbers, children will taste better.
Delicious pickled cucumbers with citric acid stand well at room temperature, do not explode and do not become cloudy.
And they are much more healthy and appetizing than pickled cucumbers with vinegar.
Delicious to you preparations!