Delicious dietary vegetable salads are ideal for fasting, and Korean Squid salad is no exception. Its use is possible in the fish days of Lent. A very tasty, tender and at the same time spicy salad of squid and Korean carrots is prepared quickly - in just 15 minutes. The spicy taste and unusual aroma of Korean salad will not leave anyone indifferent.
- 500 grams of squid (it is better to take whole fresh carcasses);
- 250 grams of carrots in Korean;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper mixture;
- Ready seasoning for carrots in Korean;
- 2-3 teaspoons of 6% apple cider vinegar.
Korean squid salad. Step by step recipe
- We clean squid (if you bought unpeeled), you can look at the video how to do it correctly. But you can use any squid: frozen, peeled, cut into strips.
- We put peeled carcasses in boiling salted water for literally 30 seconds and immediately take it out. We shift them into a prepared bowl with cold water.
- Pour into a colander, let drain water.
- At this time, we heat 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil (I use sunflower oil) in a pan, pour Korean seasoning for carrots into it (immediately reduce the heat to a minimum), 1 teaspoon of ground pepper mixture.
- When the oil warms up a little more (begins to gurgle), spread the prepared Korean carrots for spices. Immediately remove the pan from the heat and mix. We leave aside to cool slightly (but at the same time remain hot).
Tip. You can buy Korean carrots in a store that is already ready. But it’s much tastier and healthier to cook by ourselves. Now I will share with you a recipe for a delicious Korean carrot cooked at home. It will turn out more than is necessary for our salad, but it's not scary: put it in the refrigerator for storage.
- Grate washed and peeled carrots (900 grams) on a coarse grater or special grater for Korean carrots.
- Put in it 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 3 tablespoons of 9% vinegar. Sprinkle with red pepper to taste and mix.
- Prepare aromatic oil for pouring: heat 60 milliliters of sunflower oil in a pan, fry on it 1 large head of chopped onion with 0.5 teaspoon of coriander. When the onion becomes golden, remove it from the oil with a slotted spoon.
- Pour the aromatic oil into the carrots.
- Add 4-6 cloves of garlic to the carrots, mix everything and let it brew for 2 hours at room temperature and 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- At this time, cut the squid into thin strips.
- In a deep dish, mix the squid and hot carrots, season with 6% apple cider vinegar (you can use 9% table, but not vinegar essence).
- We cover the finished squid in Korean with cling film or a lid and put it in the refrigerator for an hour and a half, for complete cooling.
- Squeeze the garlic (3 cloves) into a cooled salad with squids or grate it on a fine grater.
- Mix the salad well and, if necessary, salt, add more vinegar.
We serve a well-chilled salad with squid in Korean, both as an independent dish and as a side dish. This is a simple option for dinner or a snack for seafood lovers and for those who like spicy dishes of Korean cuisine. "I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! We recommend preparing a salad with squid and Beijing cabbage and a spicy salad with squid.