How much I hear that now you can buy any sauce in the store, but each time I am convinced that you can’t buy anywhere better than the sauce prepared at home. Kuban tomato sauce is a spice, and the fact that we will not grind tomatoes, but cut them into slices. I really like Kuban tomato sauce, I hope you will like it too.
- Tomatoes - 2.5 kilograms;
- garlic - 8 cloves;
- onion - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 0.75 cup;
- salt - 1 tablespoon;
- vinegar 5% - 0.75 cups;
- cloves - 2 pieces;
- black pepper peas - 2 pieces;
- allspice peas - 2 pieces;
- cinnamon - 0.25 teaspoon;
- mustard - 0.5 teaspoon.
Step-by-step recipe for Kuban tomato sauce
- Blanch ripe tomatoes in boiling water for 1 minute, and then immediately cool with running water and peel the knife.
- In a mortar, grind cloves, peas of black and allspice.
- Chopped peeled onions and garlic. Onions - half rings, garlic - slices.
- Cut the peeled tomatoes into slices and bring to a boil over low heat. Add 0.25 cups of sugar, all chopped spices, onions and garlic, mix well and boil until the original volume is reduced by 2 times.
- Add the remaining sugar and cook the sauce for another 10-15 minutes. add salt and vinegar at the end of cooking.
- Arrange the hot sauce in jars and immediately roll up.
Kuban tomato sauce made of tomatoes is very rich, as rich and ambiguous as the Kuban itself is a historical region in the north of the Caucasus, where its name comes from.
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!