Not so long ago I tried lean olivier with mushrooms in a vegetarian restaurant, and my delight knew no bounds - it is incredibly tasty! Having estimated the cost of the restaurant salad, I decided that it is absolutely cheap, in haste and without much effort, you can prepare the same delicious salad with mushrooms and vegetables at home. By trial and error, I selected the perfect proportion of ingredients to make lean olivier really delicious.
- fresh champignons - 200-250 grams;
- carrots (boiled) - 200 grams;
- potatoes (boiled) - 300 grams;
- fresh cucumber - 100 grams;
- pickled cucumber - 100-150 grams;
- canned green peas - 150 grams;
- onions - 0.5 pieces;
- lean mayonnaise - 2-3 tablespoons;
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
Lean Olivier with mushrooms. Step by step recipe
- Wash the mushrooms, dry on a towel, cut into small cubes, salt and fry in vegetable oil until the liquid evaporates. Ready mushrooms cool to room temperature.
This salad can also be prepared with wild mushrooms: just before frying them, be sure to boil for 5-7 minutes - at least 2 times.
- Peel the skin from boiled carrots and potatoes, cut into small cubes, approximately 0.7x0.7 centimeters.
I recommend boiling vegetables in advance (best from the evening): during this time they will completely cool and solidify, so it will be convenient to crumble them - and the cut cubes will not stick together.
- Salted and fresh cucumbers are also cut into small cubes. Chop fresh onions.
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms, carrots, potatoes, chopped cucumbers and onions, add canned green peas (without brine), mix everything. Salt if necessary.
- Leave the salad for 15-20 minutes.
Lenten Olivier with Mushrooms Ready! The salad was saturated with the delicious aroma of fried champignons, freshness, juiciness and crunch of cucumbers. In it to the best of everything. Such a salad is really a godsend for the hostess, especially if the family adheres to fasting or does not eat food of animal origin. Serve this lean salad to any side dishes, fish and other dishes. If you do not like canned green peas in a salad, you can replace it with pickled cucumber, just add it not 150 grams, but a little less. Join us on “I Love Cooking”, share your impressions of delicious lean food.
Enjoy your meal!