Today we will prepare a very simple and incredibly delicious lean salad with prunes. You can prepare a salad for dinner or take it to work. It does not take much time to prepare it. Coleslaw is good as a lean dish, but very rich in vitamins.
- cabbage - 250 grams;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- prunes - 150 grams;
- dried apricots - 100 grams;
- vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- lemon juice - 1 tablespoon;
- salt - half a teaspoon;
- sugar - 1.5 teaspoons;
- ground black pepper.
Lean salad with prunes. Step by step recipe
- We distribute prunes and dried apricots in different bowls, then fill them with hot water and leave for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, drain the water from the prunes and dried apricots, rinse them and put them on a towel so that excess moisture comes off.
- Cut the cabbage into thin strips (for convenience you can chop on the blade for cabbage) and grate the carrots. Then we send in one bowl.
- Now cut dried apricots with prunes into large pieces and send to the same bowl.
- We turn to the dressing: in a small cup we combine vegetable oil, lemon juice, add salt, sugar and, to taste, ground black pepper - mix and season the salad (more: the salad can be seasoned with sour cream, but then it will not be lean).
- Mix the salad well and try it: you do not need to insist on this salad.
Here is our cabbage and prune salad ready. It tastes good and is rich in vitamins. Very appetizing and helpful.
For the variety of your meatless dishes, I propose to cook another potato casserole with pumpkin. A good option for lunch with prune salad.
- 300 grams of pumpkin and 500 grams of potatoes are cut into thin circles. Then boil the potatoes for about 5 minutes.
- Salt a little boiled potato and chopped pumpkin to taste, put it in a form greased with vegetable oil (you can add spices and other seasonings to your taste)
- We turn to the dressing: in a bowl we put 1 teaspoon of corn starch diluted with water (according to the instructions on the package), add pepper to taste, 3 tablespoons of lean mayonnaise and mix well.
- We cover potatoes with the finished filling. We cover the form with foil and send it to the preheated oven (with a temperature of 180 degrees) for 20 minutes.
A two-course lean lunch will be very tasty and healthy. You can look at the recipes of the first courses for Lent on our website “I Love Cooking”. Enjoy your meal.