Today we are preparing a quick festive, bright and light salad on the festive table. Its original and very beautiful presentation will delight the eyes of your household and guests. And the pleasant taste, delicate texture and bright taste accents of this wonderful salad will be remembered for a long time by everyone who tries it. Another nice part of this salad is that it is not expensive at all.
- cucumbers - 1-2 pieces (medium size);
- tomatoes - 2-3 pieces;
- smoked chicken breast - 150 grams;
- canned corn - 150 grams;
- mayonnaise - 200 grams;
- olives - 50 grams.
- salt to taste;
- ground black pepper - to taste.
Light salad on the festive table. Step by step recipe
- For a festive salad, we need cucumbers that will give it spring freshness and lightness. For this recipe, I choose greenhouse cucumbers: their skin is more delicate and soft. So, we washed and dried cucumbers in half rings.
- Tomatoes, peeled from the stalks, first cut across, and then - into thin slices.
- Tip. If you cook this salad in early spring, then non-seasonal fresh vegetables should be soaked in cold water for several hours: because there is a possibility of containing nitrates in such vegetables that dissolve in cold water.
- Smoked chicken breast cut into small cubes.
- Tip. Smoked chicken breast can be replaced with boiled or baked.
- We choose olives without stones and cut them into circles.
- Now let's proceed to the simplest, but very responsible process - the formation of the salad itself. This can be done as you please, and how much imagination you have. I propose my own way: put sliced cucumber into slices in the corners of the plate. To do this, you need to choose a square shape plate.
- Next to the cucumbers we spread tomato slices in the form of a fan.
- And in the center we put the diced chicken breast.
- We spread pickled corn between tomatoes and cucumbers. For salads, I choose corn of young and sweet varieties - it gives our salad a delicate sweetish flavor.
- We will fill our holiday salad with mayonnaise, because we lay out mayonnaise over vegetables with beautiful painted patterns and add black accents of black olives.
- Serve this festive salad on the table in such a beautiful form, but when shifting to a plate, all the components of the salad need to be mixed with mayonnaise - it will be tastier.
- As a sauce for a festive salad, it is better to use mayonnaise. You can buy it, or you can cook it yourself at home. Such mayonnaise will be not only tasty, but also healthy. To make mayonnaise, we need to send one chicken egg to the bowl for an immersion blender, add some salt and beat, then add 150 milliliters of vegetable oil (I take refined sunflower oil), and continue to beat. Add a teaspoon of mustard, a little sugar and the juice of half a lemon (or a teaspoon of vinegar). Beat mayonnaise until thickened, until the mass finally whitens. You can season any salad with ready-made mayonnaise sauce, but such mayonnaise is not stored for long, because there are no artificial (chemical) preservatives in it. Olive oil can also be used to make homemade mayonnaise. In order to add interesting flavoring notes, you can add Provencal herbs or dried basil to the sauce. And the sauce will be made juicy granules of dried garlic.
Our result was not a salad, but a real picture that any artist can envy: after all, it is not only beautiful, but also very tasty. The advantages of this salad will be that you can cook it quickly and tasty, but it costs quite inexpensively. You can learn how to surprise your guests and relatives with pleasant, inexpensive and fast dishes by looking at our website “I Love Cooking”.