I want to tell you the general principles for the preparation of sugar syrup for its further use in preservation or preparations. The method of preparation of sugar syrup is not complicated, the main rule is to adhere to all cooking technologies.
- To prepare sugar syrup, a measured amount of water is placed in a pan and heated. During heating, pour the required amount of sugar, mix it with water until completely dissolved and bring to a boil. Since during boiling, part of the water boils, it can be poured a little more than the prescribed amount.
- Sometimes the syrup can be cloudy due to the fact that there were impurities in the water or sugar. After preparation, such syrup must be filtered through a cotton cloth or gauze folded in several layers.
- If the syrup remains turbid after filtration, it should be clarified with egg white. ONE EGG PROTEIN CAN LIGHT UP TO 20 KGS OF SUGAR! To do this, lower the whipped protein into sugar syrup heated to 50 ° C, bring it to a boil. Protein curls up and rises in the form of foam, which must be removed with a slotted spoon. After clarification, filter the syrup again through cheesecloth.
- Ready sugar syrup should be clean and transparent with a temperature of at least 90 ° C, since almost all fruits must be poured with hot syrup.
- In order for the canned fruits and berries not to be too acidic or sweet, they must have a certain ratio between the amount of sugar and acid. This is achieved by adding various amounts of sugar.
- For patients with diabetes, sugar can be replaced with sorbitol or xylitol. And also for diabetics, canned foods should be prepared from unripe fruits, they contain less sugar.