How to cook Mascarpone cheese at home? Yes Easy. Why is this necessary? Yes, if only then that this cheese is an indispensable ingredient in many desserts and pastries. It has a unique taste, and is more like an unusual sour cream or original butter. Mascarpone cheese is used to make desserts and pastries, sometimes instead of butter for sandwiches. The best known recipe for this cheese is tiramisu. But if everything is clear with the use of Mascarpone in desserts: and many recipes on our Very Delicious website confirm this, then this same cheese with meat is just a find. I am pleased to share recipes for making cheese and dishes from it.
- 1 liter of cream with a fat content of 33%;
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
Mascarpone cheese at home. Step by step recipe
- Pour the cream into a saucepan, put on a small fire and, stirring constantly, heat to 70 degrees (measure the temperature with a thermometer), remove as soon as bubbles appear.
- Add lemon juice: the mass will gradually begin to thicken and flakes will form in it.
- Put the saucepan on a small fire and warm the mass for 7-10 minutes, stirring constantly. You should get a creamy mass (like sour cream) without flakes.
- We line the colander with a linen towel or cloth (in two layers), pour out the mass and place it over the bucket (or hang it for several hours in a cool place).
- You can store the finished Mascarpone cheese in a cool place for no more than three days.
I offer a recipe from Julia Vysotskaya - chickens baked with Mascarpone cheese
- While we are preparing chicken carcasses (2 pieces), turn on the oven to heat up 200 degrees.
- We cut each chicken along the ridge (not to the end), lay it on the working surface. We beat off with a hammer and cut the skin in several places with a sharp knife.
- For the filling: 300 grams of Mascarpone cheese are mixed with 2 cloves of garlic (passed through a press or grated on a fine grater), with 2 finely chopped rosemary branches. Salt, pepper to taste and mix everything.
- We start the chickens with this cheese mixture through the cuts. Then coat the top of each chicken.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chickens on each side until golden brown.
- We spread the chickens on a baking sheet with high sides and send to the already preheated oven. Bake until cooked (from 40 minutes and above - it all depends on the size of the chickens).
- For the sauce: squeeze the juice of one lemon in 100 grams of Mascarpone cheese. We spread in a pan where the chickens were fried, bring to a boil (stirring constantly).
- Pour the finished chickens with sauce and serve immediately.
Mascarpone is, of course, a great recipe. But I want to tell you more about how my grandmother made cheese (and now I also).
- Boil 1 liter of milk (you need natural milk that has not been reconstructed from milk powder), put 1 kilogram of cottage cheese in it and stir. Cook for 5-7 minutes (until the serum is separated).
- Allow the resulting mixture to settle and squeeze through cheesecloth, folded in two layers. (The remaining serum can be used for pancakes or dough).
- In the squeezed mass, put one egg, 100 grams of soft butter, one teaspoon of salt and soda. You can add fresh or dried herbs (I like with dill). Mix well.
- Put in a steam bath for 30-40 minutes. After put in a mold, compact and place in a warm place for ripening. After 4 hours, the cheese will be ready.
- Chill the finished cheese in the mold, and then remove from it.
Cheese will undoubtedly be to the taste of your family and guests: it resembles a little processed, but as nutritious and aromatic as hard varieties.
And now I suggest that you please your home with original dishes from this cheese.
- Cheese croquettes. Salt and whip 4 protein, add 200 grams of cottage cheese and cottage cheese and a little flour. The resulting (rather thick) mass of pepper to taste. Form balls and fry in boiling fat (can be in vegetable oil). Take out when doubled in size. Drain and sprinkle with finely chopped parsley.
- Fried cheese. Lightly dried cheese, cut into small slices (half a centimeter thick), dip them into a beaten egg, and then into crushed crackers or grated stale roll, and fry in butter or margarine. This delicious dish needs to be served (both for breakfast and dinner), hot (you can with tomato sauce).
Mascarpone home-made cheese (and any home-made cheese) is a very tasty, natural product. The number of dishes that can be made with its use is inexhaustible, like your imagination. If you need a hint on how and what to cook, go to our Very Delicious website: we have recipes for every taste. And next time we will prepare curd cheese in just 20 minutes and the most delicious hard cheese!
The YouTube channel video below the recipe will help you make Mascarpone cheese.