Today, at Very Delicious, I decided to share with you a recipe for a delicious dish - Megrelian style khachapuri with cheese. This dish can be safely considered one of the main recipes of Georgian cuisine. A friend who recently returned from a trip to this beautiful country shared a recipe with me. Especially khachapuri with cheese are delicious when hot or warm when the cheese is in a molten state. In appearance, Mingrelian khachapuri resembles a large round cake, in the middle filled with brackish cheese and melted butter. I love to cook this dish when guests come and company gathers.
- 2 teaspoons of dry yeast;
- 2 teaspoons of sugar;
- 0.5 kilograms of flour;
- 150 grams of water;
- 100 milliliters of milk;
- 500 grams of suluguni cheese;
- 60 grams of butter (40 grams - for the dough, the rest - for the filling);
- 1 large or 2 small yolks.
Khachapuri with Megrelian cheese. Step by step recipe
- In warm water, add sugar and yeast. Stir until completely dissolved and leave to reach.
- After the yeast has foamed, add warm milk and melted butter. Mix everything until a homogeneous mass is formed.
- Add a little flour to the mixture. We begin to knead with a spoon, and then with your hands. We watch carefully so that the dough does not become too tight.
- Cover the mixed dough with a towel and leave to approach for 1.5-2 hours.
- We rub the cheese on a coarse grater (note that the entire amount of cheese is designed for 3 servings of products)
- We divide the mass into three parts. Each piece is rolled into a round layer with a thickness of about 1.5 cm.
- In the center of each layer we spread cheese and a slice of butter, leaving the edges free so that they can be blinded together.
- We collect the khachapuri in a bag, turn it upside down and roll it again. If air has accumulated under the dough, it must be released by piercing the dough with a toothpick, as shown on the YouTube video site.
- We spread the cake on parchment, grease it with yolk, densely sprinkle with cheese and send it to the oven, previously heated to 200 degrees for 15-20 minutes (until golden brown).
- We cut each small cake into 4 equal parts.
I recommend serving ready-made khachapuri hot!
Megrelian-style Khachapuri with cheese will become a favorite dish: for both adults and children. This is an excellent recipe for a quick, satisfying and very tasty snack, which even novice housewives can cook. Try it - you will be satisfied! "Very tasty" wishes you bon appetit! And be sure to try Adjarian khachapuri and a khachapuri boat.