Naples salad with eggplant is a wonderful summer dish that combines the taste of summer vegetables, the piquancy of garlic and the fullness of hard cheese. I saw the recipe for this dish on the Internet, and when I cooked it, it became one of my favorite salads. Try it and you.
- eggplant - 2 pieces (medium size);
- tomatoes - 3 pieces;
- walnuts - 50 grams;
- eggs - 4 pieces;
- mayonnaise - 200 grams;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- hard cheese - 150 grams;
- salt - a pinch;
- ground black pepper - to taste.
Naples salad with eggplant. Step by step recipe
- First, prepare the tomatoes: you need to peel them. This can be done using the blanching process. To do this, cut the top of each tomato crosswise, scald with boiling water, then immediately dip the chopped tomatoes into cold water. From such a temperature difference, the peel on the tomatoes will easily move away from the pulp without damaging it.
- Cut the stalk from a tomato and cut into small cubes. Excess juice with tomato should be decanted through a sieve or colander.
- Tip. You can simply separate the tomato pulp from the seeds and cut into cubes only the pulp of tomatoes.
- Grind walnuts with a knife.
- Tip. To prepare dishes using walnuts, they need to be slightly dried in the oven: this will make them tastier. Then remove the brown thin skin (if possible), because it can give bitterness and astringency.
- Hard-boiled eggs and hard cheese should also be grated with large holes.
- Small eggplant must be washed and dried. Make punctures in several places with a toothpick or knife, and send to the oven for baking. Bake the "little blue ones" for about half an hour, in a well-heated oven (200 degrees Celsius).
- Tip. Punctures on eggplants are made so that they do not burst in the oven during heat treatment.
- Baked eggplant needs to be peeled and peeled while still hot, and when cooled, grind with a knife into cubes 1 by 1 centimeter in size.
- "Little blue ones" are slightly salted, add a few chopped garlic cloves and mix.
- Tip. For a Naples salad with eggplant, chopped garlic is better than squeezed through a garlic.
- Naples salad with eggplant is layered, therefore it is better to collect it using a mold. You can use the usual metal split mold for baking. We will not use the pallet, and the sides of the mold need to be slightly oiled.
- We put the mold on a plate or salad bowl, and inside, with the first layer, put the eggplant seasoned with garlic, sprinkle them with chopped walnuts and make a mayonnaise grid.
- Tip. For puff salads, it is better to make a grid of mayonnaise, since this way the mayonnaise is evenly distributed over all the components of the salad and there will be no difficulty in lubricating the layers with the sauce.
- Spread the tomatoes on top, add some salt and make the mayonnaise net again.
- On top of the tomatoes we make a layer for our egg salad, and on top we cover everything with grated cheese. In this case, between the layer of eggs and cheese, again we make a grid of mayonnaise.
- We cover the finished salad with eggplant and tomatoes with cling film and send to brew in the refrigerator.
- After an hour, you need to remove the form from the salad, garnish with greens or nuts - you can serve it to the table.
Naples salad with eggplant is light, but at the same time hearty and tasty. Neatly laid out layers of salad look very appetizing. The layers of salad can be changed and supplemented: from this the taste of your wonderful dish will become even better.
Cook with the site “I like to cook” and your dishes will always be delicious and original.