For everyone who likes to cook unusual and tasty, I present colorful orange bread! When I first tried it, I was amazed - really very tasty. It turns out to be very soft, directly airy, with a very mouth-watering citrus aroma, delightfully beautiful yellow color inside and a shiny, rye crust. This is not bread, but a real work of art. Imagine how your loved ones will be surprised at such an original treat. Therefore, we will not pull for long: let's bake orange bread at home with “I love to cook”. Moreover, it is not as difficult as it seems at first glance.
- flour - 500-600 grams;
- dry yeast - 5 grams;
- orange or lemon juice - 50 milliliters;
- zest of orange (lemon) - from 1 piece;
- milk - 150 milliliters;
- butter - 50 grams;
- egg - 1 piece;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- turmeric - 0.5-1 teaspoon;
- yolk - 1 piece (optional).
Orange bread - surprise everyone! Step by step recipe
- In warm milk, dilute yeast, sugar, salt and stir until smooth. This amount of dry yeast can be replaced with 15 grams of pressed yeast.
- From 1 orange, grate the zest. We need 50 milliliters of freshly squeezed juice: if you don’t have enough for one of these volumes, then use 2 pieces.
- Add the juice to the milk mixture, mix and in small portions enter the sifted flour, mixing well each time.
- When the dough begins to thicken, add the egg and melted butter and mix thoroughly again. Continue adding flour until the dough is firm enough and elastic (sticks to your hands). Everything will take you about 500 grams of flour. Try not to sprinkle flour, otherwise citrus bread will turn out hard.
- Divide the yeast dough into 3 identical pieces. Leave 1 part like this, and combine the other 2 parts into one, add zest and turmeric to it. Please note: turmeric gives a very bright saturated color, an interesting spicy aroma, but there is a kind of bitterness in it. Therefore, if you are not quite familiar with this spice, it is better to add 0.5 teaspoon for the first time.
- Transfer both parts to clean bowls, cover them with cling film and place in a warm place to fit: for about 30-40 minutes.
- Divide each part of the test into 6 parts, one of which will be slightly larger.
- In the yellow test, you get 5 parts of approximately 85 grams, and one 120 grams, and in white - 5 parts of 45 grams and a large about 80 grams.
- To prevent parts of the dough from drying out during cooking, cover them with cling film and take them as needed.
- Our task: to make slices of yeast dough, reminiscent of orange. To do this, we mold slices from the same yellow (5 pieces), and roll the white parts (the same 5 pieces) into a layer 1-2 cm thick. We wrap each slice in a white layer. At the junctions of the white layer, we pinch well so that the yellow dough does not look anywhere. So do with each slice.
- Combine 5 parts as a half of an orange.
- Large pieces of dough, roll into large layers and tighten our orange floor first with a white, and then with a yellow layer of dough. Hide the edges underneath.
- Put the dough on a baking sheet covered with parchment, cover with cling film or linen towel and place it in a warm place for 40-60 minutes.
- Before baking, if desired, bread can be greased with whipped yolk. This is done in order to get a beautiful shiny crust of delicious rye color.
- We put in an electric oven preheated to 180 degrees (200 degrees if the gas oven). Bake for 40-45 minutes. If you use a slow cooker to bake yeast bread, then put the dough in it and set it to the “Baking” mode for 50-60 minutes. Readiness by checking with a knife on the crust: if the sound is dull, then everything is ready.
- After that, turn off the oven and let the bread stand in it for about 10 minutes.
Original homemade orange bread is ready! It is not only tasty, healthy, but also looks very interesting in the context - like half an orange. And how beautifully the crust was baked and acquired an appetizing rye color! In this recipe, orange can be replaced with lemon (zest and juice). Just put a little more sugar in the dough. Serve citrus bread with tea, coffee, or other drinks. It is very tasty to eat it with butter, jam, condensed milk; and simply - without unnecessary additives. Believe me, guests will be pleasantly surprised by your culinary abilities.
Bon appetit with “I like to cook”!