The original crab salad with peas and cucumbers does not require complex ingredients and is easy to prepare. The bright sunny color of the egg, the juicy green color of the cucumber and the pink shade of the crab sticks - all this delicious variegation will certainly awaken the appetite. Pickled cucumber gives the dish piquancy. The preparation of such an unusual salad of crab sticks can completely diversify the menu of absolutely any table: both everyday and festive. This dish with peas and crab sticks has long been traditional on our table.
- crab sticks - 300 grams;
- chicken eggs - 3-4 pieces;
- green peas - 1 can (340 grams);
- one fresh cucumber;
- one pickled cucumber;
- sour apple - 0.5 pieces;
- onions - 0.5 pieces;
- salt to taste;
- fresh parsley;
Original crab salad with peas and cucumbers. Step by step recipe
- To make a salad, we need 300 grams of crab sticks. It is very good to use frozen, high-quality crab sticks: since the taste quality of the salad will depend on the sticks. Cut the crab sticks for the original salad into thin strips. I do it this way: I cut each crab stick into four parts, and then take the blunt side of the knife apart the stick into fibers. The result is a thin straw.
- Finely chop the half of the onion (I have half a small onion), add boiling water and leave the onions to stand in water for 1-2 minutes. Then drain all the liquid from the onion and leave it to cool completely. After that, the onion will be less burning and not so sharp.
- One cucumber is washed well and cut into thin strips (I use a small cucumber and I do not need to peel the cucumber for salad).
- We chop the pickled cucumber with the same straw as the fresh one (I take the pickled cucumber about the same size as the fresh one).
- Open a jar of canned green peas and drain all the liquid (the mass of the jar I used is 340 grams).
- Boil chicken eggs in salted water, peel and rub on a coarse grater (it is very good to use homemade eggs - they look beautiful in a cooked dish).
- We clean the apple (according to the recipe) and rub on a coarse grater. The taste is given to the salad by a sour apple: but if you do not have such an apple, then it is better not to add it to the salad at all.
- Finely chop the greens of fresh parsley (a small bunch leaves me).
- To connect all the ingredients we need a small container (I have a glass deep salad bowl).
- In the salad bowl we transfer the chopped fresh and pickled cucumber, crab sticks pulled into fibers, shift the green peas, grated eggs, apple, chopped onion, chopped fresh herbs, add salt to taste, mix, season with mayonnaise and again mix everything carefully.
- The original crab salad with peas and cucumbers can be served immediately.
Salad with crab sticks is tender, juicy, light - and deliciously delicious. Such a salad will appeal to all your guests. The salad contains a fresh apple and a cucumber, so you need to eat salad immediately after cooking so that the cucumber does not release juice and the grated apple does not darken. A simple salad can be served so beautifully that the guests will take your breath away.
Cook with “I love to cook”!