He doesn’t put a bit of originality even in harvesting tomatoes for the winter. You can, for example, ennoble the familiar tomato flavor with prunes and apples, and if you take the tomatoes with green ones and pepper them wholeheartedly, you get something completely original and not even everyone can taste. But at the same time, without a doubt, when eating in all respects is pleasant.
- 1.5 kilograms of green tomatoes,
- 200 grams of sweet and sour apples,
- 300 grams of onion,
- 1 cup prunes
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of yellow mustard seeds,
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (preferably freshly ground, for flavor),
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice (also preferably freshly ground)
- ½ cup 9% vinegar.
A step-by-step recipe for an original seasoning of tomatoes with prunes for the winter
- Peel and chop the apples and onions, wash the tomatoes, dry them, chop them and pass them through a meat grinder or chop them in a blender. All salt and leave to go overnight.
- Rinse the prunes, soak in cold boiled water and also leave overnight.
- The next day, drain the water from the prunes and remove the excess liquid from the fruit and vegetable mix. Put it all together.
- Tie spices in cheesecloth.
- Add vinegar, spice sugar in gauze and cook, stirring occasionally with a wide spatula, the mixture over low heat until it thickens.
- Do not forget to remove the gauze bag with spices from the finished seasoning.
- Boiling seasoning to the brim fill the prepared jars, roll up, turn over and leave to cool under the covers.