I just love sauerkraut and pickled eggplant. Once thinking, I decided to try to combine these two ingredients in one! Pickled cabbage for the winter with eggplant is something, the dish caused my guests a complete delight. The eggplants were surprisingly very similar to pickled mushrooms, and the cabbage was so crispy, spicy and fragrant. In winter, this jar is like real magic!
- white cabbage - 1 kilogram;
- eggplant - 1 kilogram;
- garlic - 10 cloves;
- carrots - 300 grams;
- hot pepper pod;
- salt - 1.5 tablespoons;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- vinegar 9% - 0.5 cups.
Pickled cabbage for the winter with eggplant. Step by step recipe
- Wash the eggplant and cut the tails, along with the peduncle. Boil water, slightly salt. Transfer to boiled water and cook for 7 minutes. Then remove, let cool.
- Chop the cabbage as you like, grate the carrots on a coarse grater.
- Chop the garlic finely, remove the seeds from hot pepper, and chop finely.
- When the eggplants have cooled, cut them into slices of about 2 centimeters.
- Combine all the vegetables, add salt, sugar and vinegar, mix. You can adjust the salt and sugar content to taste.
- Let the vegetables stand for 30 minutes, then put them in jars and close with nylon covers.
- Store in a refrigerator or cellar.
- Pickled cabbage with eggplant can be tasted in a week, and it is stored well, it will stand idle all winter! If of course it is possible!
I really liked the cabbage with eggplant, when you take it out of a jar seasoned with vegetable oil, a chopped onion mmm ... Not taste, but grace. “I love to cook” wishes you delicious preparations! Be sure to try to cook multi-colored pickled cabbage and pickled cabbage with bell pepper and carrots.