This is a recipe for pickled onions for a snack, which is pickled in two versions of the sauce. You can marinate the onion in an acidic fill, then it will turn out more saturated, sharp, as they say "vigorous". And in a slightly acidic fill, then the onion is tender, fragrant and moderately sharp. We marinate the onion appetizer whole, and on the table it will look amazing and very appetizing!
- Onion seeder (sowing) per 1 liter jar;
- 5 peas of black pepper;
- 5 peas of allspice;
- mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces.
For acidic fill:
- for 1 liter of water - vinegar 9% - 2/3 cup.
For slightly acidic fill:
- per 1 liter of water - 40 grams of sugar;
- salt - 40 grams;
- vinegar 9% - 3 tablespoons.
Step by step recipe for pickled onion snacks
- Peel the onion set, pour hot salt water (200 grams per 1 liter of water) and leave for 2 days in a cool place.
- After soaking, the onion should become almost completely transparent.
- Prepare one of the suggested marinades.
- Put spices in the prepared liter jars, fill the shoulders with the prepared onion and pour hot marinade to the edge. Banks immediately roll up, turn them upside down and leave to cool completely.
Pickled onions for an appetizer can be used to prepare various salads, serve it with herring, cold boiled fish or meat.
Bon appetit and delicious preparations for you!