Pickled onion, but under a barbecue! A classic that no one has yet canceled. But we will decorate this classic a bit, and add beetroot to the pickled onion. Get a real taste bomb!
- Onion - 0.5 kilograms;
- beets - 300 grams;
- water - 1 cup;
- vinegar 9% - 1 cup;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces.
Step by step recipe for pickling onions with beets for the winter:
- Peel and wash the onion. If large cut into 4 parts, small can be left intact.
- Peel the beets too. You can cut beets with either strips or slices, as you like.
- Put the onion in a jar, alternating it with pieces of beetroot.
- Make a marinade from water, salt, sugar, vinegar and bay leaf. Boil it.
- Add boiling marinade to the onion in a jar, and immediately roll up the lids. Air cool.
That's just how to prepare a pickled onion with beets for the winter. The onion gains a soft pink color, and the beets are also very tasty, just a great snack!
Delicious to you preparations, and bon appetit!
I think you will definitely like this recipe for pickled onions.