It turns sour-sweet spicy cucumbers, the taste of which is enriched with gooseberries. I have several times covered cucumbers with gooseberries, there have never been any explosions or turbidity, they always turn whole and crisp.
On a 3 liter jar:
- Cucumbers - 1.5 kilograms;
- gooseberry - 2 glasses;
- dill twigs;
- horseradish leaves - 2 pieces;
- leaves of black currant and cherry - 5 pieces;
- celery sprig;
- garlic - 5 cloves.
- Water - 1.5 liters;
- salt - 2 tablespoons;
- sugar - 2 tablespoons;
- vinegar 9% - 3 tablespoons;
- black pepper peas - 10 pieces.
Step-by-step recipe for cucumbers with gooseberries for the winter
- Wash and soak cucumbers in cold water for 5-6 hours.
- At the bottom of sterilized cans, lay half the greens and leaves, fill the jar with cucumbers and gooseberries, and on top lay the remaining greens and chopped garlic.
- Prepare the fill: you need to dissolve salt and sugar in boiling water, then add spices and vinegar. Pour cucumbers with gooseberries into the resulting brine.
- Place a jar of cucumbers to sterilize in a pan, on the bottom of which lay a tissue or wooden grid. Sterilize a jar with a capacity of 3 liters for 20-25 minutes at a temperature of 100 ° C.
- After sterilization, roll up, flip and wrap cans.
By the way, gooseberries (which we use for pickling cucumbers) also turn out to be very tasty. Cucumbers with gooseberries for the winter - a great snack on any holiday table.
Delicious to you preparations!