In continuation of the lenten theme, I want to talk about a delicious instant dish: potato salad with pickles. You know, this is the simplest salad I have ever met: it is cooked in haste, but it turns out to be very tasty. It contains only 3 ingredients that you can easily find at home or buy in any store for little money. My child liked this salad so much that I cooked it almost every day, all winter. Therefore, I want to share the recipe for a simple potato dish on “I love to cook”!
- potatoes - 400 grams;
- pickled cucumbers - 200 grams;
- onions - 1 piece (100-120 grams);
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- unrefined vegetable oil - 2-3 tablespoons.
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- granulated sugar - 1 teaspoon;
- pickle pickle - 150 milliliters.
Potato salad with pickles. Step by step recipe
- Cut the peeled onions into thin half rings. If your bulb is large, then a quarter of the rings. Add 0.5 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of sugar, knead everything well with your hands so that the slices separate. After pour cucumber pickle, so that the onion is completely covered. Leave to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil the potatoes in their skins, peel them and cut into medium-sized cubes, approximately 1.5 x 1.5 centimeters. If possible, boil the potatoes in advance: better in the evening. This is so that he cuts better, does not stick to the knife.
- Dice pickles, about 1x1 centimeter. Add them to the potatoes.
- We discard the pickled onions in a colander and add them to the potato salad. Mix well. If necessary, add salt, season with black pepper or other spices.
- Refuel with unrefined vegetable oil. Optionally, you can use olive, flaxseed, corn and so on.
If you do not have a pickled cucumber pickle, then use 150 milliliters of normal drinking water and 1-1.5 tablespoons of vinegar 9% to marinate onions. In time, we also leave the onions to infuse for 15-20 minutes.
It took only a few minutes: you quickly and easily prepared lean potato salad! This amazing combination - potatoes with pickled onions and pickles - delights. Such a salad during fasting or fasting days will be a real find. Try it and you will understand! Join: and stay up to date with new simple, tasty fast food dishes from “I Love Cooking”!
Enjoy your meal!