Today I have one very cool recipe for you. We will cook super fast khachapuri from puff pastry. This is just a delicious meal. I am ready to eat such khachapuri at least every day. What is so special? They are tender, tasty, the cheese is not overdried, and making them is a pleasure - once, and you're done! I believe that all dishes of Georgian cuisine (which include khachapuri) can be considered as a separate form of art. Let's cook soon!
- feta cheese - 250 grams;
- hard cheese - 250 grams;
- puff pastry;
- egg - 1 piece;
- salt - ½ teaspoon.
Fast puff pastry khachapuri. Step cooking
- Turn on the oven to heat up.
- I don’t like to bother with making dough for a long time, so I buy puff pastry in the store, but if you want, you can cook it yourself.
- First, prepare the filling. It is important to choose the right cheese. It must be white or light cream in color. If the feta cheese is yellow or has cracks and a dry crust on top or crumbles, it is stale. Be careful. You can take cow or goat cheese, it does not matter. Hard cheese take anyone you like.
- So, we rub both types of cheese on a coarse grater. And put it on a plate.
- Take one egg (always fresh) and beat it with a whisk or a fork.
- Add salt to the egg, mix again.
- Now we pour half the beaten egg into the cheese and mix everything well. Try the filling. It should be brackish. Khachapuri is customary to eat with sweet tea and wine, so the filling should be slightly salted. You need to mix well so that cheese and feta cheese in equal quantities get into our khachapuri.
- Take the puff pastry. I buy packaging where 3 sheets of dough. We will need two layers. It is necessary to roll so that the thickness is approximately 2-3 mm.
- We put the first layer on the table and put all the filling on it. Distribute evenly, approximately 1 cm thick.
- We take the second rolled layer and cover it with the first.
- Connect the edges well so that the cheese does not drip.
- Transfer the khachapuri to a baking sheet greased with vegetable oil.
- Now make cuts as in batch pieces, do not cut to the end, but only the top layer. If you have round layers - cut into pieces like pizza, if rectangular - with squares. This must be done so that the finished dish is easier to cut and that the dough does not bubble during baking.
- Lubricate the product with the other half of the beaten egg. For this, it is convenient to use a silicone brush. We do this to make khachapuri redden and not only tasty, but also beautiful.
- Our oven should already be hot. We send the product into it at a temperature of 180 degrees for 7-10 minutes, until it turns brown.
- Cut the finished product into the intended strips and serve to the table.
This is how easy it is to cook quick khachapuri from puff pastry. Of course, this is not an original recipe, but a modified, simplified one. Cottage cheese and a mixture of suluguni cheese are usually added to the original khachapuri. But for the first time, you can make a simplified version, and then, if you want, try the original one.
Pour tea and treat your relatives with delicious puff pastry khachapuri! And for new culinary victories, you will find recipes on the site “Very tasty, we still have a lot of cool ideas! Enjoy your meal!