I offer a universal recipe - quick pies with cabbage, which was passed from my grandmother to my mother, and from my mother came to me. These yeast cakes just melt in your mouth. Soft, tender, fluffy dough, fried crust and delicious tender cabbage filling remind me of a childhood taste. And now I offer this recipe to you.
For the test:
- yeast - 2 teaspoons (dry yeast);
- water - 250 milliliters;
- flour - 6-7 glasses;
- milk - 250 milliliters;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil - 100 milliliters;
- sugar sand - 2 tablespoons.
- fresh chicken eggs - 2 pieces;
- sour cream - 2 tablespoons;
- white cabbage - 500 grams;
- carrots - 2 pieces;
- petioles of celery - 2 pieces;
- parsnip root - 1 piece;
- onion - 1 piece;
- green parsley - to taste;
- tomato paste - 1.5 tablespoons;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- salt - 1 teaspoon;
- coriander - to taste;
- ground black pepper - to taste;
- olive oil
Quick pies with cabbage. Step by step recipe
First, prepare the dough. It is universal and can be useful for pies with different fillings.
- First, activate the yeast, that is, prepare the dough. In warm water, about 40-45 degrees (in no case hot, so as not to brew yeast) add a little sugar and dry yeast. Stir the dough, and leave it for 10-15 minutes, so that the yeast comes up with a “hat”.
- Pour the remaining sugar and salt into the dough, add two eggs, sour cream and vegetable oil. All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- We introduce warm milk and gradually, in parts, add sifted flour to the pastry for pies. Mix everything well and knead a soft, but not sticky dough. You need to knead the dough for pies on the table, slightly moistening the palm with vegetable oil. As a result, a soft lump of dough not clogged with flour should form.
- We leave the dough covered with a film for an hour or a half, to increase in volume.
- When the dough is doubled, it needs to be kneaded again, pouring flour. And once again we set, covering with a towel, for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare cabbage stuffing for pies. White cabbage needs to be finely chopped: preferably, not in the form of straws. We grate carrots and parsnips with large holes, chop the onion, celery and parsley with a knife.
- Pour olive oil into a preheated pan and fry the onion until transparent, then send the grated carrots, parsnip root and chopped celery stalks to the onion.
- We pass the vegetables for several minutes and add chopped cabbage. We cover the pan with a lid and simmer the cabbage filling for pies for 5 minutes.
- We season our filling: with salt, sugar, black pepper, allspice, coriander and tomato paste. 3-4 tablespoons of water can be preliminarily added to tomato paste to dilute to the state of sauce.
- Mix all the ingredients, cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- When the cabbage filling begins to grab a little in the pan, sprinkle with herbs and set aside to cool slightly.
- We form pies from the dough: divide it into portions, form small balls, then roll them out with a rolling pin until they form circles with a thickness of 0.7 -1 centimeter.
- In the middle of each circle, lay out the cabbage filling and pinch the edges so that the filling does not spill out.
- Pour a lot of vegetable oil into a deep pan or cauldron.
Tip. You can take half the vegetable oil and half the melted lard.
- When the oil warms up well, put the pies in it and fry until cooked - that is, until a golden crust is formed.
Tip. Before spreading the pies, you can throw a small piece of dough into the butter: if bubbles form around it and the dough begins to boil quickly, this means that the butter has gained enough temperature to fry the pies in it.
- Put the prepared pies with cabbage on a paper towel to stack excess fat.
Tasty, ruddy, mouth-watering pies with cabbage whipped up according to the grandmother's recipe - a great treat. As a filling, you can take minced meat, eggs and greens, boiled potatoes - and even cottage cheese. Such fried pies with any filling will be very tasty. How to cook a variety of toppings for pies and pies you can learn using our site "Very tasty."