Spring came with my vitamin deficiency, and I decided to arrange a fight for him - to make quick sauerkraut according to a special recipe. This is not the first year that she has been helping me and my family cope with spring blues, a breakdown, depression and tone myself up. It really is! There are various ways to cook homemade sauerkraut, but I have identified for myself the most delicious option, which turns out much better than the classic one. In addition, he prepares very simply and quickly: even a beginner can easily cope with it.
- cabbage - 1-1.2 kilograms;
- carrots - 300-500 grams;
- salt - 25 grams;
- sugar - 20 grams;
- water - 800 grams.
Fast sauerkraut. Step by step recipe
Few people think about the usefulness of sauerkraut - and this is a real storehouse of health and beauty, rich in vitamins C, A, group B, K, sour-milk bacteria and many other trace elements. They help not only strengthen immunity, but also normalize the digestive system, gently cleanse the body of slagging and lose weight.
- Cut the carrots into thin strips. If you have a shredder for thin sticks or carrots in Korean, then use it. Grated carrots on an ordinary grater will give sauerkraut an ugly look, so I advise you to chop it.
- Cabbage is also thinly cut with a knife or using a shredder for vegetables. Only here there is a nuance: do not use a very thin shredder, the thickness of the strips should be at least 2 millimeters.
- Mix the chopped vegetables. I also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that you can choose the ratio of cabbage and carrots yourself, adjusting to your liking.
- We shift the vegetable mixture into a jar, pressing tightly, we apply to the very top.
- The syrup is prepared very quickly: combine salt and sugar (a tablespoon with a small mound), pour boiling water and stir with a spoon until the dry ingredients are completely dissolved.
- With this hot marinade, pour the vegetables in the jar. If your syrup has not completely covered all the cabbage, then again prepare such a syrup and add to the top. The lack of liquid is due to the fact that vegetables may not be very tightly packed in the jar - there is nothing to worry about.
- We put the jar in a deep bowl, because during fermentation, the liquid will rise and overflow through the top.
- Leave it for 1-2 days, kvass at room temperature. In the process of fermentation, periodically it is necessary to squeeze out the gas that formed in the middle: as in the classical method of preparation. To do this, push the cabbage in different directions with a fork, you will see how the foam bubbles rise - this is the gases. Do this 1-2 times a day. This manipulation is necessary in order to make the cabbage crispy: after all, the gases soften it, make it more loose.
Ready sauerkraut sent to the refrigerator for storage. In this form, it can be kept in the cold for up to two months. But you are unlikely to succeed: it is eaten even faster.
Sauerkraut instant cooking will be ready for 2-3 days. Before serving, you can add finely chopped onions, pour with vegetable oil (preferably unrefined - it is more fragrant and healthy). If you wish, you can squeeze a little sugar. Sauerkraut turned out to be crispy, very tasty. You can eat it with any side dish, cook various dishes (zrazy, pies, stew with potatoes and so on). I recommend fermenting according to this quick and simple recipe and eat: starting from early autumn until late spring, when your home-made fresh vegetables (rather than purchased ones, with the addition of various chemicals) already appear.
Bon appetit with “I like to cook”!