Let's make Cole Slow salad for barbecue. Cole Slow Salad is a classic American cabbage appetizer, the name itself translates as shredded cabbage. It would seem that this is the most common fresh cabbage salad, but its highlight is a delicious dressing that gives the dish an original, unmatched delicate and piquant taste. This salad is perfect for meat, its recipe is a real find for me, I like to cook it on a festive table and when we go out with friends. Each culinary specialist prepares this dish in his own way, some make it sweeter, others spicy and spicy. There are many variations of its components, many add their favorite foods, you can also experiment and add, for example, apple, celery, nuts, herbs, raisins.
- green onions to taste;
- cabbage - 300-350 grams;
- carrots - 180-200 grams.
- home or store mayonnaise - 3 tablespoons;
- salt - 0.5 teaspoon;
- sour cream - 2-3 tablespoons;
- sugar - 2 teaspoons;
- lemon juice - 2 teaspoons;
- grain or ordinary mustard - 2 teaspoons.
Salad "Cole Slow" to the barbecue. Step by step recipe
- First you need to prepare white cabbage, remove the upper leaves from it, wash it well, finely and gently chop it with a special shredder or knife.
- Tip. Two types of cabbage can be added to the salad - white and blue.
- Then you need to wash, peel the carrots and grate it.
- Green onions are well washed, dried and cut with a knife.
- Let's prepare a dressing. In a convenient bowl, add mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, mustard, sugar, lemon juice and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Be sure to try dressing, and if necessary, add the ingredients that are missing for your taste.
- You can use ready-made mayonnaise for dressing or cook it yourself at home. To prepare it, you will need: lemon juice, it can be replaced with apple or balsamic vinegar (1 tablespoon), ordinary mustard (0.5 teaspoon), sunflower oil (150 grams), sugar (1 teaspoon), salt (0, 5 teaspoons) and a chicken egg (1 piece). We add all the components of homemade mayonnaise to a convenient dish and thoroughly interrupt the blender until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the vegetables and mix well.
Cole Slow salad is ready for barbecue, you can cook awesomely tasty dish from available products, everything ingenious is simple. Salad can be served immediately on the table or give it time to brew, in the first case the cabbage will be more crispy. Visit the site “Very Delicious” and you will find a lot of amazing salad recipes. Enjoy your meal!