Who among us does not know, loved by many, the traditional salad "Herring under a fur coat" - after all, not a single holiday can do without this salad. I love him too, but the more I did, the more I wanted to bring something new to him. I suggest you cook this salad that is familiar to us, but in a slightly unusual way. The salad is not only tasty and satisfying, but also available for preparation: the dish is light and simple. I think a couple of new added nuances to this dish will help make its taste more refined.
- herring fillet - 1 piece;
- hard cheese - 150 grams;
- boiled beets - 1 piece;
- boiled carrots - 1 piece;
- boiled potatoes - 1 piece;
- onion - 1 piece;
- mayonnaise - 250-300 grams;
- vinegar - 1 tablespoon;
- sugar - 1 teaspoon.
Salad "Herring under a fur coat." Step by step recipe
- According to the recipe, all the vegetables for our salad (beets, carrots and potatoes) are boiled in their uniforms. Since, over time, vegetables are cooked for a long time, and then also wash the pan, I have been using a microwave for a long time: it saves time. All vegetables must be washed well, put in a plastic bag and tie. When the vegetables are already in the bag, you need to make a couple of holes so that steam can escape. Depending on the power of the microwave, cooking times may vary. But, usually, we put potatoes for 5-7 minutes, carrots - for 7-10 minutes, beets - 10-15 minutes: see if you are ready. Be sure to cool the vegetables.
- While the vegetables cool, pickle the onions. We peel, finely chop the onion and pour it into a separate bowl to pickle. Pour the onion with water (I pour it to cover the onion), add one tablespoon of vinegar, one teaspoon of sugar and mix (to prevent the onion from bittering, I pour boiling water before pickling: literally, for two seconds). Leave for a couple of minutes (if you like acid onion, you can leave it to marinate for longer or add more vinegar - it all depends on your taste).
- We clean herring, remove all the bones. After this, the fillet must be cut into cubes and left in a separate bowl.
- Dice hard cheese into small cubes.
- Peel the boiled carrots and, as well as hard cheese, cut into small cubes. We combine carrots and cheese in one bowl, season with mayonnaise (do not spare the mayonnaise, if you season a little, the salad will be poorly saturated and will be dry), add salt and mix thoroughly. Some people don’t like adding carrots to their fur coats, but I’ve already done many times with carrots and I’ll say that the taste of carrot salad does not deteriorate.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and three on a coarse grater. Grated potatoes are left in a separate bowl, seasoned with mayonnaise, add salt and mix well.
- You also need to peel boiled beets and grate. If excess fluid appears during rubbing, then it must be wrung out. Put in a separate bowl, season with mayonnaise, add salt and mix.
- When the onion is pickled, you need to drain the excess liquid.
- You need to lay out all the ingredients in layers. We take the necessary dishes for this: you can use the detachable form by placing it on a dish.
- Potatoes are put in the very first layer, for the second layer we use chopped herring, the third - onion, the fourth - beets and the last layer - carrots with cheese. Distribute all layers evenly over the entire surface.
- The salad should be infused, get a good impregnation. You can put it in the refrigerator or leave it in the room (I try to cook the coat a day before it is served, it is soaked perfectly at all. But if you need to hurry, then leave it for 30-40 minutes for impregnation).
Salad “Herring under a fur coat” has become traditional for many holidays - this is a time-tested dish. Many housewives serve it to the table originally decorated, adding a sprig of greens, red caviar or nuts on top. The salad can be laid out using a round shape or pick up beautiful dishes. A new interpretation of the salad will be an excellent occasion to invite guests and taste it: I think the taste of the salad will not leave anyone indifferent. The taste of the salad as a result is gentle, unusual: I would say - with a twist. See recipes on the site "I like to cook." Enjoy your meal!