Salting green tomatoes is a fairly simple way to harvest tomatoes for the winter. All that we need is cold water, salt, a little greens and the heroes of the occasion - green tomatoes! We put them in a jar, pickle bays and put in the refrigerator! How delicious they are, like barrel, rich and aromatic.
- green tomatoes per liter jar;
- dill - a pair of bunches;
- parsley - a couple of bunches
- bay leaf - 2 pieces;
- garlic - 3-5 cloves;
- bitter pepper - 1 piece.
- water - 1 liter;
- salt - 2 tablespoons with a slide;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon.
Salting of green tomatoes in a jar. Step by step recipe
- Put garlic, pepper and bay leaf on the bottom.
- Wash the tomatoes (you can cut them in half), chop the greens.
- Next, alternate layers - tomatoes, herbs - and so on to the very top of the can.
- Prepare a brine of water and salt, boil. Cool it to room temperature and pour the tomatoes in a jar with chilled pickle.
- Close the plastic lid and put in the refrigerator.
As you have seen, pickling green tomatoes is very simple, but their excellent taste suggests the opposite. Be sure to try, you will not regret it.
“I love to cook” wishes you delicious preparations! We will also tell you a recipe for canned tomatoes in a tomato and a recipe for sun-dried tomatoes with basil.