Summer - time for pickling tomatoes for the winter. Our land is generous with high yields. Tomatoes hang in clusters from bushes, pleasing to the eye of any thrifty housewife. In Russian cuisine, tomatoes are indispensable for the preparation of ketchups, sauces, borscht, stewed vegetables, in the form of salads and just sauerkraut. Sour tomatoes are natural. They are good for digestion and do not contain preservatives. If you do not have a cellar or barrels for sourdough, you can use the old recipe for pickling tomatoes for the winter in banks.
The jar needs to be washed thoroughly, preferably with soda; if possible, it is better to boil over the lid of the kettle; put on the table. Even with salting, hygiene will not be deprived. Although this method is inherent for owners of cottages who do not have the opportunity to use the stove in the summer or they save on gas. We turn to recipes for salting tomatoes for the winter in banks.
It is usually harvested in a cold way.
- any tomatoes from green to bright red (the main condition is that they must be intact and, preferably, of the same size) - 2 kg;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- onions - 1 piece
- can of 3 liters - 1 piece;
- capron cap - 1 piece;
- sterile bandage;
- cooled boiled water - 1.5-2 liters;
- dill, celery stalks, cherry leaves - more, do not be afraid to put a lot of greens;
- peppercorns - 1 teaspoon;
- dry powdered mustard - 2 tablespoons;
- coarse salt - 2 tablespoons for red tomatoes is better than 3 tablespoons.
Salting tomatoes for the winter in banks. Step by step recipe
- In the prepared jar we add the onion cut into 4 parts.
- Add roughly chopped celery stalks and dill with cherry leaves.
- Cut the carrots into circles and put them in the same place.
- Pour pepper with peas.
- We ram the tomatoes tightly so that there is almost no free space between them.
- We dilute the salt in a cup with water, pour into a jar.
- Add water.
- Tie with a sterile bandage.
- To prevent mold, put mustard on top of the bandage.
- Close tightly with a capron lid.
- We put in storage.
Thus, harvested tomatoes will be ready for use in 3 days. Salting tomatoes in jars will serve you well in winter, your family will thank you for them!
"I love to cook" wishes you bon appetit! And we will tell you how to preserve tomatoes on flour and how to prepare sun-dried tomatoes for the winter.