Today I would like to add to your menu a very tasty and at the same time rather simple recipe for homemade cakes - "Samsa homemade with chicken." This is a famous pastry in the Central Asian cuisine, which is a thin puff pastry with a dense filling. After all, every housewife loves to surprise and delight her loved ones with new and tasty dishes. Homemade samsa is a great option for a hearty and quick snack, as well as a good idea for breakfast.
- flour - 500 grams;
- water - 250 milliliters;
- egg - 1 piece;
- butter - 200 grams;
- salt - 1 teaspoon.
- chicken fillet - 300 grams;
- onions - 300 grams;
- boneless chicken thighs - 300 grams;
- salt, pepper, coriander to taste.
Samsa homemade with chicken. Step by step recipe
First, I’ll tell you how to cook puff pastry.
- Sift the flour into an empty bowl, add salt and mix.
- We take the second bowl, in which we spread the butter, then pour boiling water and stir until the oil dissolves.
- Add the egg (shake it before adding).
- Now pour this liquid into the flour and begin to mix. And then put it on the board, convert it into an elastic piece of dough and put it in a cool place for 10 minutes.
At this time, we are preparing the filling.
- We take chicken and onion, cut into small cubes.
- Add salt, pepper and coriander to taste, then mix. We are done with the filling. As you can see, it’s very simple and fast.
Cooking directly samsa with chicken.
- Take the chilled dough and divide it into three parts. We roll each part into a layer.
- Lubricate the first layer with a thin layer of melted butter, lay the second layer on it and again lubricate it with oil. And finally, the third layer - which is also lubricated with oil.
- We turn a tight roll and cut into parts.
- We roll out small parts and spread the filling in the middle.
- We turn the dough diagonally and tightly pinch the edges to make a triangle.
- And finally, we lay out the blanks with the seam down and bake at a temperature of 200 degrees (about 30 minutes: but the exact baking time depends on your oven).
- After 15 minutes we remove from the oven, grease with yolk, sprinkle with sesame seeds and send again to the oven.
We spread the samsa from puff pastry with chicken on a large plate, cover with a towel and leave for several minutes. Samsa turned out to be very tasty and satisfying.
Continue cooking with me and “I love to cook”: your loved ones and guests will always be deliciously fed.