Try to cook with us a traditional dish of German cuisine - a simple and delicious German potato salad. It has overgrown with multiple variations: each housewife cooks it a little in its own way, depending on what this salad will be served with. The original salad is prepared quickly enough and it can be served both for a family dinner or for a festive table.
- potatoes - 500 grams;
- onions - 1 large piece;
- pickled cucumbers - 720 milliliters;
- cucumber pickle - approximately 200 milliliters;
- bacon - 80 grams;
- ham (can be replaced with sausages to taste) - 150 grams;
- vegetable oil
- vinegar - 1 tablespoon;
- pepper, salt, fresh parsley
Simple and delicious German potato salad. Step by step recipe
- We start by pickling onions for our salad. To do this, cut into half rings one large onion or two medium. Place in a deep bowl and salt to taste. Now add about 200 milliliters of cucumber marinade to the onion. To do this, gently, through a sieve, filter the marinade in a bowl with onions. We leave everything for 30 minutes, or until we are ready to collect the salad. Put the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Getting to the potato. There are two options for how to prepare it. The first option: boil potatoes in salted water in a peel. Peel and cut first in half, then into a quarter and medium slices. The second way (I use): peel the potatoes first, cut into the same pieces. We put a pot of water on the stove, salt, bring to a boil. Throw potatoes into boiling water. Cook for 7 minutes, no more. Turn off and drain the water. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to boiled potatoes. Mix and let it cool completely.
- The potato of the day of our salad is better to choose the one that contains less starch. So it will not boil during cooking, and will keep its shape in the salad.
- Pickled cucumbers are best for pickles. Cut into half rings. Not very thin, closer to the thickness of the chopped potatoes.
- Cut thin bacon into rectangular pieces. In a preheated dry and clean frying pan, fry the bacon for about three minutes (no more).
- Ham (or any other sausage product of your choice) is cut into strips. Fry in the same way as bacon - in a pan without oil (about two minutes). Strong frying is not required: an appetizing golden crust should result.
- All products are prepared. Now we can collect our lean potato salad. We take a deep bowl and lay the finished onion at the bottom. He marinated well in the marinade. When you take the onion out of the bowl, squeeze the marinade slightly with your hands. On top of the onion, distribute our potatoes. Next come the cucumbers. Now everything can be a little pepper to taste. Next, lay out chopped greens, ham and bacon.
- It will be very appetizing if instead of ham you take thin smoked sausages. A bunch of dill (or in half: dill with parsley) will also be wonderful to combine with potatoes.
- The dressing dressing for our salad is very easy to prepare. To do this, mix vinegar and vegetable oil in a separate bowl. Ratio: 1 to 3. The amount of refueling you determine yourself.
- Also, as a dressing option, you can add pure marinade from a can of cucumbers plus sunflower oil, in a ratio of 1 to 1.
German potato salad is very tasty. This is an original salad on the festive table. Cooking does not take you much time. Salad is a great addition to meat dishes: Germans often even pour it with broth. Each hostess cooks it with its own variations. My today's version is served cold, it cooks fast enough. You can decorate the salad with a sprig of greens. It will also be beautiful if you serve it portionwise, filling out with the help of garnish rings. “I love to cook” wishes you to prepare a delicious salad and please yourself and your guests. Enjoy your meal!