A simple and delicious pickled cabbage recipe is a versatile dish and a funky appetizer. You can cook it both on weekdays and on holidays. The taste of cabbage is spicy and crispy; it serves as a wonderful addition to fish, meat and other side dishes. Also, a feature of the salad is that after pickling, cabbage retains all its beneficial properties, does not lose vitamins.
- 1 kilogram of white cabbage;
- 2 medium-sized carrots;
- 1 large bell pepper;
- 2 medium onions;
- 2 fresh cucumbers;
- a handful of lingonberries or cranberries.
- 1 tablespoon of salt;
- 2 tablespoons with a little sugar;
- 80 milliliters 9% table vinegar;
- 80 milliliters of vegetable oil;
- 1 small pod of hot hot pepper;
- ground red pepper - to taste.
Pickled cabbage. Step by step recipe
- First you need to rinse and cut into strips white cabbage (chop). Put chopped cabbage in a separate pan.
- Add salt to the cabbage and mix thoroughly (I interfere with my hands, squeezing a little, rubbing the cabbage until the juice appears).
- Wash fresh carrots, peel and cut into strips: you can use a knife or grate on a carrot. Sliced carrots put in a pan with cabbage.
- Prepare bell pepper. Wash, peppers and cut into large strips. Put chopped bell pepper in a pan with carrots and cabbage.
- Next, wash and cut fresh cucumbers into small cubes (you can cut the cucumbers as you like). Add the cucumbers to the chopped vegetables.
- All vegetables need to be pickled (pickling, unlike fermentation, gives a quick result). We proceed to the preparation of the marinade. In a saucepan for chopped vegetables, pour sugar, pour vinegar and gently stir it all.
- In the process of stirring, add red ground pepper (add pepper to your taste: the more it is, the sharper the dish will turn out).
- Mix and cover all the ingredients in the pan: the salad should stand for ten minutes, so that the vegetables give juice, and their tastes are combined.
- When the vegetables stand for about ten minutes, add vegetable oil to them and mix thoroughly.
- To insist vegetables with marinade, you must cover the salad with a lid and leave at room temperature for a day.
- After, add a handful of lingonberries or cranberries to the vegetables, stir well. Put the cooked salad in the refrigerator.
- Such a salad can be kept in the refrigerator for a week. Before serving, you do not need to season it with anything.
Pickled cabbage salad is not only tasty, but also healthy, vitamin salad. With the advent of spring, the appearance of the first rays of the sun, our body needs vitamins more than ever. I propose to cook this dish according to my recipe. The products that are part of it are not difficult to find at home: all vegetables can be grown in your garden or bought in a store. Such a salad is suitable for people who are on a diet or observe church fasts. Cooking takes a little time: everything is done quickly and simply, and the result is just perfect.
On the site "I like to cook" there are many more options for cooking cabbage. Enjoy your meal!