Unusual title - simple meat pies. And the pies are unusual - they are made from yeast-free dough (the dough will be more familiar on yeast), on kefir, baked in the oven. But once upon a time, in ancient times, cakes and pies were baked from just such a dough, in an oven (healthier and tastier than frying in oil). The recipe for these miracle meat patties I found on the YouTube channel.
For the test:
- ½ kilograms of flour;
- 10 grams of baking powder (you can take 5 grams of soda);
- ⅓ teaspoon of salt;
- 1 cup kefir;
- 50 grams of butter.
- 250 grams of boiled meat;
- 2 onions;
- ½ teaspoon of salt;
- ½ teaspoon black pepper;
- 50 grams of vegetable oil (for frying).
Simple meat patties. Step by step recipe
- Cut the peeled onions into small cubes (you can see the onion chopping methods on the YouTube channel video).
- Pour the sunflower oil into the pan, heat and put the prepared onion. Fry it until golden, remove to the side for cooling.
- Twist boiled or baked meat through a meat grinder using a fine wire rack.
- Fry onions until cooked (together with the butter on which they were fried) put in minced meat. Salt and pepper to taste (or put salt and pepper in half a teaspoon, as in the recipe). Mix thoroughly (if the filling turned out to be rather dry, you can add a few tablespoons of broth or boiled water).
- We begin to prepare a simple unleavened dough.
- In a bowl, mix kefir (can be replaced with low-fat sour cream) and an egg with a whisk.
- Sift flour, baking powder (or baking soda) into a mixer bowl, add salt.
- Stirring all the time, pour in a mixture of kefir and egg. Beat for one minute, add melted butter and quickly knead the pastry for pies.
- Knead the dough on the table until tender and give the shape of a ball.
- From the finished dough, make a round-shaped layer with a thickness of about 3 millimeters (from this amount of dough you get about 15 pies).
- Cut a circle with a round recess with a diameter of 15 centimeters (for this purpose I use a bowl for tea, a portioned bouillon or a small salad bowl).
- Put a tablespoon of minced meat in the middle of each piece, fold the pies in half and pinch them well (you can use a “rope”).
- Put the pies on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Grease with yolk (using a brush), slightly diluted with water.
- Bake in the oven (preheated to 200 degrees) for 15-20 minutes
Options for pies from dough on kefir: with buns - to the broth; with onion and egg - to cranberry jelly; with jam - for tea. And Chekhov’s favorite pies with cabbage: “I agree to endure all kinds of torments, live in the desert without a mother, feed the bears from my own hands, but only at first I would eat at least one pie with cabbage!”
We take out the prepared meat pies from the oven, put it on a dish, wait until it has cooled slightly. Serve hot - with broth or sweet tea.
Baking soda dough is universal. From it you can prepare, as I have already said, pies with sweet and savory filling. You will find detailed baking recipes on the Very Delicious website. And be sure to try the meat patties in the oven and the Yummy fried pies.