For lovers of Japanese cuisine, I propose to cook an unusually tasty and beautiful dish - a sushi cake snack. You’ll need traditional products for any sushi: nori and rice, and then there’s where you can take your fantasies. An original snack cake of unearthly beauty will make a splash and will become a real masterpiece of any holiday feast. And for a romantic dinner, you can make a home-made heart-shaped sushi cake (using a suitable detachable shape), decorating with black caviar - indescribable beauty.
- 200 grams of rice;
- 250 milliliters of water.
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
For the layer of cake:
- 200 grams of slightly salted red fish;
- 200 grams of crab sticks;
- 2 sheets of nori;
- pickled ginger;
- 1 avocado;
- 1 fresh cucumber;
- 200 grams of cream cheese or soft cream;
- 100 milliliters of cream 20% fat;
- soy sauce;
- olive oil;
- Red caviar.
Snack Sushi Cake. Step by step recipe
- Pour the rice into a colander and rinse several times under running water: until the water becomes clean.
- Pour pure rice with water (according to the recipe) and cook over medium heat until cooked: about 15 minutes after boiling. We give the finished rice another 15 minutes to stand, insist.
- For dressing, mix salt and sugar, pour apple cider vinegar and heat a little.
- Pour dressing into rice, mix thoroughly.
- Cut red salted fish into small pieces, pour a tablespoon of olive oil.
- We cut crab sticks into thin strips.
- Peel the avocado and cucumber, cut into thin long plates (for this purpose it is better to use a special knife for vegetables).
- We begin to collect a sushi cake snack (in more detail you can see this process in the video at the bottom of the recipe). On the square dish, spread the first sheet of Nori, with the rough side up.
- We distribute half of the rice onto it with hands dipped in water.
- On a layer of rice: cream. For him, mix 200 grams of soft or cream cheese with 100 grams of cream, whisk a little with a mixer.
- We spread crab sticks with the next layer, pour them with a teaspoon of soy sauce.
- We spread the pieces of fish (half of the total), cover it with strips of cucumbers. Put slices of pickled ginger on the cucumbers.
- Close everything with the next sheet of Nori (also, with the rough side up).
- We spread on it the second part of rice, cream cheese, the remains of the fish. We cover with strips of avocado. Top with red caviar. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
We serve an appetizer sushi cake with soy sauce, ginger or wasabi - to your taste. The cake turns out to be very original and beautiful (you can see it in the photo) - this is just a great option for a festive table. You can always find new ideas for holiday snack dishes on our website “I like to cook”