From red cabbage you can cook healthy and tasty, warm salad, with the addition of apples. Another ingredient that gives the salad a sweet and sour flavor is blackcurrant jam. Blackcurrant goes well with dishes of meat and fish, and here in this homemade recipe it appears as a kind of piquant note. Stewed cabbage can also be served as an independent dish, as a warm salad or side dish. Due to its unusual, bright color, red cabbage dishes can also be served on the festive table with baked duck or chicken. Despite its simplicity, you will be delighted with this vegetable dish. Check out step by step cooking spicy stewed red cabbage with photo and cook this wonderful vegetable dish too.
Ingredients for Cooking Spicy Braised Red Cabbage
|Red cabbage||500 g|
|An Apple||1 PC|
|Apple cider vinegar||2 tbsp. l|
|Sugar||1 tbsp. l|
|Currant Jam||2 tbsp. l|
|Vegetable oil||2-3 tbsp. l|
Step by step cooking spicy stewed red cabbage with photo
- Onions cut into half rings and fry in vegetable oil for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Chop red cabbage, chop the garlic and add to the pan to the onion and fry everything together for another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour a little water into the pan to the cabbage, 80-100 grams.
- Add salt and sugar, if any, brown.
- Pour in 2 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar, if table 9% - 1 tbsp. l
- Also add currant jam or jam. Mix all the ingredients, cover, make a medium heat and simmer everything together for about 10 minutes.
- Straw an apple with acidity and add to the cabbage, cover again and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- At the very end, add spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg to taste, remove from heat.
Serving the stewed cabbage to the table, decorate it with fresh dill or chives. Enjoy your meal!