The cabbage in Armenian turns out to be very spicy, but you know this does not interfere with its rich taste, in this spiciness all its piquancy. Armenian cabbage is fermented with celery, cherry leaves, beets and even cinnamon - do you already anticipate how rich the taste will turn out? I hasten to share a recipe with you.
- White cabbage - 6 kilograms;
- garlic - 100 grams;
- carrot - 550 grams;
- celery, parsley and cilantro root with leaves - 150-200 grams;
- hot pepper - 2-3 pods;
- cherry leaves - 30-40 grams;
- beets - 100 grams.
- Water - 2.9 liters;
- sweet peas - 2-3 pieces;
- salt - 140-160 grams;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces;
- a small piece of cinnamon.
Armenian-style cabbage recipe
- Cut cabbage into squares, leave several leaves intact.
- Well-washed cabbage and cherry leaves should be placed at the bottom of the cabbage pickling container, and then the dishes should be densely filled with chopped cabbage, sprinkled with whole peeled garlic cloves, chopped roots, carrots, chopped slices, beetroots and whole hot pods.
- The top layer of vegetables should be covered with clean cabbage leaves, and the top should be covered with gauze or cloth. Well, to the very top is a circle with oppression.
- In the meantime, you need to prepare the fill: heat the water to a boil, add salt, when dissolved add allspice, bay leaf and cinnamon.
- Then let the brine cool and pour cabbage 4-5 centimeters above the top level of vegetables. Cover and keep the cabbage in a warm place until lactic acid fermentation begins (about 4-5 days), then take the cabbage out in the cold.
Spicy, aromatic, crunchy, juicy and simply incredible cabbage in Armenian style can please you with its abundance of aroma and taste.
Enjoy your meal!