With the arrival of the long-awaited spring, I propose to diversify the menu with a tasty and simple dish - a spring salad of beets with nuts. Beets are a very popular and healthy vegetable in our kitchen. It makes very tasty vitamin salads. To give the salad a special light taste and aroma, add orange and Emmental cheese, which has a sweet almond flavor. I propose to start cooking - and enjoy the "vitamin bomb."
- beets - 400 grams (two small things);
- orange - 200 grams (one average);
- Emmental cheese - 40 grams;
- walnuts - 10 grams;
- vegetable oil for dressing - 1 tablespoon;
- spices: salt, pepper - to taste
Spring beetroot salad with nuts. Step by step recipe
- Beets must first be boiled until cooked and peeled. To cut in cubes. Transfer everything to a deep salad bowl.
- Beetroot is suitable for the salad. It is better to choose varieties of dark red saturated color: they contain a large amount of vitamin C. The flesh of such beets is more tender.
- It is important to cook beets properly. Do not cut the roots and add salt when cooking. Put the vegetable in boiled water.
- The orange must be peeled. Separate the slices, remove the white film from them. Now cut the peeled slices into small pieces. Pour into a bowl of chopped beets. Also, watch carefully so that no bones from the orange fall.
- Then we clean the walnuts and grind using a rolling pin. Add to the bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Season with a spoon of vegetable oil and mix. You can use any other nuts that you have. The main thing is do not take salted or husked.
- Also, take vegetable oil to your taste and possibilities: you can olive or sunflower.
- At the very end, sprinkle Emmental cheese grated on a fine grater. If you find it difficult to find such cheese, replace it with another hard one: for example, Gouda or Russian. Stir again and the salad is ready.
A simple spring salad can be served with mashed potatoes or any other side dish you like. Light salad with cheese and walnuts is a new and quick dish in your kitchen, not only very tasty, but also healthy. Experiment and add something new to the salad: let our recipes inspire you and help you find fresh ideas. Eat and cook with “I love to cook”: we wish you bon appetit!