With the first sunny days I remembered a wonderful and very simple dish: a spring salad without mayonnaise. And since spring brings lightness, I also remembered the miracle of salad dressing with fresh vegetables. It may even slightly remind you of the taste of mayonnaise, but this is only at first glance. A fragrant, simple mustard dressing will surely please you. You can easily add any vegetables to the salad, change them to others, use a variety of greens - and, as a result, you will surprise those for whom you cook. Well, I propose to start.
- young cabbage - 200 grams;
- radish - 150 grams;
- fresh cucumber - 180 grams;
- young green onions - 40 grams;
- fresh dill - 20 grams;
- boiled chicken eggs - 4 pieces.
- sour cream 12-15% fat - 100 grams;
- vegetable oil (I have olive) - 25 grams;
- lemon juice - 15 grams;
- mustard - 15 grams;
- honey - 10 grams;
- salt is a pinch.
Spring salad without mayonnaise. Step by step recipe
- Before starting, wash all our vegetables and fresh dill. We wipe away the excess drops of water and let the dill dry slightly.
- In the meantime, chicken eggs must be cooked to a steep state. So that the eggs at the time of cooking you do not burst and leak, they must be chopped. To do this, using a needle or a pin, pierce a hole on the blunt side of the egg with a depth of not more than three millimeters. Pour the eggs with cold water and cook for at least ten minutes from the moment the water boils. Then drain all the water and fill it with cold again, covering all the eggs.
- Let's start cutting vegetables. Let's start, for example, with young cabbage. We chop it with a special grater or, accurately, with a sharp knife. Try to chop finely and finely. Sent in a prepared deep bowl.
- First, cut the cucumber in half, then thin half rings. Although you can use the slicing method as you like: you can use quarters, straws, and small cubes. Also transfer to a bowl of cabbage.
- We cut the small size of the radish into slices into six parts. If you have a large radish, cut it in half, then cut in the same half rings as a cucumber.
- Grind dill as finely as possible. Cut small green onions into small circles and also send it into a common bowl.
- Cut the boiled eggs with an egg slicer. If you don’t have it, cut into small cubes and transfer to a bowl of vegetables.
- Now we are preparing our dressing or, as you might say, salad dressing. Pour unrefined olive oil into a clean bowl (you can use any vegetable oil you prefer), lemon juice, a teaspoon of honey, mustard and salt. Carefully, with a whisk, mix everything. Add sour cream and stir until smooth.
- For cold sauces and dressings, I recommend using unrefined oil: this oil is much more beneficial for your body.
- Now we are refueling our chopped light salad with the whole amount of dressing. Mix thoroughly. The salad is ready: and you can immediately serve it on the table.
A wonderful and simple spring salad without mayonnaise diversifies your menu not only in spring, but throughout the whole season of fresh vegetables. Cook it according to our recipe, add your favorite vegetables and spices to it - I'm sure it will also be tasty and healthy. On the site “Very Delicious” you can find many more affordable, simple recipes without mayonnaise that you really want to cook with the arrival of the long-awaited spring. Cook with us - and enjoy your meal!